HybridZ

N/A to turbo injector upgrade

ttodhunter

Hey all,

I'm in the process of putting my built N/A motor back in my 76.  I figured with the expected power increase, I would put in the turbo 265cc injectors (running SDS efi).  I bought a set from Autozone, and noticed that they didn't come with the pintle caps.  Oddly, there doesn't seem to be a thread regarding upgrading from L28e to L28ET injectors, or what steps would need to be taken. 

There are a couple of threads relating to running with or without pintle caps, but with differing opinions. 

Here's a picture of the old vs. new:post-12144-0-78439500-1404093824_thumb.jpg

The injectors fit in the manifold fine, but I'm concerned about the purpose of the pintle cap and me not having them. Can anyone shed some light on what is needed to do this correctly?

Thanks!

Your new injectors have a different, newer style of nozzle.  I've seen it on a few other brands, like BWD and Standard (yours are probably one of those brands).  Your new injectors aren't designed to use a pintle cap.  The tender pieces are recessed inside the injector tip, protected.

As far as directions on what to do when increasing injector flow, those would be in your SDS instructions.  Lower injector open times would be the main change.