HybridZ

Gt2860r-5?

ktown z

So i purchased a pair of garrett gt2860r-7's and was wondering the real hp numbers out of these?

Every site I visit state 310 or 350 per turbo. They also state the same hp out of the gt2860r-5's. What is the difference between the two and is 550-600who capable out of the -7's?

James

I was told that 550 600 is possibe but not likely with -7 since they are like N1 GTR turbos, the -5 are more likely to be the best candidate for 550 600 hp since they are suppose to be like the HKS 2530.

• 4 weeks later...

So the deal on the -7's is probably going to fall through due to bad ebay seller. It's a long horrible story.

So that leads me to purchase the -5's or tomei m8260's. Which are the better turbos? I really can't find any reviews on the m8260's.

So the deal on the -7's is probably going to fall through due to bad ebay seller. It's a long horrible story.

So that leads me to purchase the -5's or tomei m8260's. Which are the better turbos? I really can't find any reviews on the m8260's.

From what I've researched, its seems the bet for more affordable re-building comes with the Garrett -5's. The Tomei's are a re-packaged Garrett with spec mods but both perform nearly identical. Just a thought and an opinion. I've been looking at the same choices as you.

So I lost an ebay bidding war for the tomei m8260's then pulled the plug on a new pair of the 2860r-5's. Now some injectors and get the f-con tuned. Are rc low impedance injectors a direct bolt in application (fit in the stock fuel rail and clips)? Also anyone have any experience with the obx turbo dump tubes. They separate the exhaust and wastegate gasses. The only other option I have found were the tomei but are overpriced for dump tubes.

Thanks,

James

• 2 weeks later...

I have the obx pipes. They seems o be good quality although I haven't actually run the engine yet but the build quality looks good especially comparing the price to the tomeis. My build is in this section also. You should find a pic or two of them there.

I purchased the obx dump pipes but the internal "bolt in" divider does not fit the -5's. They come with a small divider in the cast. Guess i will take out the divider and have the bolt holes welded and try running them. They have an internal diameter of 2.25 inches as the tomeis are 2.75. Although the obx are divided.