HybridZ

Traveling in Europe

RebekahsZ

I'm traveling in Europe. France and England. Haven't seen any French Z members active but I know we have some members in England and the shop doing the carbor fiber Z is there. I can't get off of the group tour that I am on, but hello to all the international members.

Your statement about French being not active on this board is wrong! :D

You won't find any Z owner in Europe next weekend because we're all in Le Mans for Le Mans Classic event! We gather French, Brits, Dutch and Begium owners for a good weekend around the track.

Enjoy the trip! Best places to be in France are not big cities but small countryside. This is where the people are nice and the food excellent. Just run away from Touristic places ;)

• Like 1

! Best places to be in France are not big cities but small countryside. This is where the people are nice and the food excellent. Just run away from Touristic places ;)

I must agree with that... everybody I talked to kept asking me 'OOOOH Paris, Paris Paris!' My stock response was "I pissed on the Opera House at 2:30AM one night, and that was the high point!"

The surrounding countryside was more to my liking. I never have much liked big cities, but the provinces. "Paris' sights were great, Paris was great, if it wasn't for Parisians!" HAHAHAHA

I must agree with that... everybody I talked to kept asking me 'OOOOH Paris, Paris Paris!' My stock response was "I pissed on the Opera House at 2:30AM one night, and that was the high point!"

You did that!!?! :D Shame on you :)

Paris is good at night but overall I just run away from it: traffic jam, overpriced, unsafe, dirty, noisy, people unhappy.

"Paris' sights were great, Paris was great, if it wasn't for Parisians!"

Sounds like Austraila, nice place for a holiday, but unfortunatly rather full of bloody Aussies :D

As to Europe, wasn't it a frenchie who basicly de-did about 80% of his car after rust ate it?

It's in French but this is how far a ZX in France has been restored if you ever talk about this thread. Pictures speak for themselves. He has shaped wood to match body geometry to "forge" steel sheets around it. Truly amazing. The man behind the work was a former Alpine employee who participate into Alpine cars history by making them.

http://www.datsun-france.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4284

It's in French but this is how far a ZX in France has been restored if you ever talk about this thread. Pictures speak for themselves. He has shaped wood to match body geometry to "forge" steel sheets around it. Truly amazing. The man behind the work was a former Alpine employee who participate into Alpine cars history by making them.

http://www.datsun-france.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4284

Wow!! That is impressive fab work.

I've been abroad from 84-89 (Japan) and then again from 2003-Present (Greater Asia-Pacific) 90-2000 just got me in LA to watch the Rodney Riots and unchecked illegal influx crap the region terribly. I kinda wish I'd stayed abroad that intervening period...

Intermittent wifi. Just read the Code of Hamurab(and I quote)i: "the man who leaves his Z-car unmodified will be banished from the city and stoned at next moon rising."

The Le Mans event sounds awesome. I did not pee in the subway, but it seems that everyone else does!

I did not pee in the Metro...hidden from view in some subterranean cavern...

I pissed on the Paris Opera House.

In fact, when watching "Phantom of the Opera" in the theatre, I recognised my spot and excitedly stated "HEY! I pissed on that place!"

My permutation of "Been there, done that!"

What I noticed while on the subway there is that people aren't very helpful. At almost every stop some girl getting on would end up with her purse stuck on the outside of the door with the strap still around her arm while she was on the inside. I was by the door so I would try to help pry the door open enough for them to get unstuck. Everyone else would just stand there and look at them, except one guy who was helping. I didn't say a word the whole time since I speak no French, but finally the other guy did, and turns out he was American,so I finally had someone to talk to during the ride.

I just saw your post about the Indian lady and your shirt. When we in Paris, I was amazed by the motorcyclists of all races and social classes driving like they were in Bombay. Even Ducatis, vintage Triumphs and BMWs. Total disregard for safety. Surely, the motorcycle fatality rate is high. Handlebar vs. rear view mirror. Absolute motorcycle mayhem.

"Mumbai"? You post-colonialist oppressor! ;)

I should hook up the DVR on the front of the Mio and go film a five minute run through Lucena traffic...

It would make "Les Rendevous" look timid by comparison!

Do you recall Manila in "The Bourne Legacy"? (I think) yeah....like that!

Edited by Tony D

went to Belgium once to watch F1 at Spa.  I was there for 9 days.  Got drunk in Bruges (profile picture) then went to the coast where i drank even more.  Stood in the water and relieved myself as if the world was my urinal.

Frank 280ZX and I were at Spa Historic 6-Hours one year... with a pocketful of beer Chits. Little  white discs good for one beer. 

Around Saturday afternoon before the racing started we went in search for more chits. "WHERE DID YOU PUT THEM ALL I GAVE YOU TWO HUNDRED!"

Frank and I looked at each other, kind of shocked thinking how the hell we drank 200 beers in roughly 48 hours. 

"WHAT, WERE YOU BUYING FOR EVERYBODY IN THE TENT?"

Again, Frank and I looked at each other, seriously and he says "We didn't buy anybody anything...right? We wanted  to with that guy in the Yellow car but he said no... Did...Did we drink these all by ourselves (Now somewhat concerned because of the number "200 Beers")

I looked at him, and said "They ARE small glasses!"

We turned and said together "YES! They are SMALL GLASSES!"

He gave us another 200 chits and said "These are all I have left, save some for after!"

That happens in Belgium.

Frank 280ZX and I were at Spa Historic 6-Hours one year... with a pocketful of beer Chits. Little  white discs good for one beer. 

Around Saturday afternoon before the racing started we went in search for more chits. "WHERE DID YOU PUT THEM ALL I GAVE YOU TWO HUNDRED!"

Frank and I looked at each other, kind of shocked thinking how the hell we drank 200 beers in roughly 48 hours. 

"WHAT, WERE YOU BUYING FOR EVERYBODY IN THE TENT?"

Again, Frank and I looked at each other, seriously and he says "We didn't buy anybody anything...right? We wanted  to with that guy in the Yellow car but he said no... Did...Did we drink these all by ourselves (Now somewhat concerned because of the number "200 Beers")

I looked at him, and said "They ARE small glasses!"

We turned and said together "YES! They are SMALL GLASSES!"

He gave us another 200 chits and said "These are all I have left, save some for after!"

That happens in Belgium.

haha.. great story.