HybridZ

wheel fitment

Yes. At least on my car (Stock diameter Suspension Techniques springs) and a zero offset 16x7 wheel there isn't hardly any clearance to the spring. With coilovers you might not need the spacer, but with stock diameter springs I think you will. And if you've lowered it, those 8.5" rims are going to probably cause some woes...

16x7.5 + 22

16x8.5 + 24

Should I get 25mm spacers?

I'm planning to run 225/50/16 in the front and 245/50/16 rear

You will need 25mm adapters, they are safer. If you do not have a source check Ebay, I see them for sale on there all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

In the front with the tires and wheels you're planning to run and the best place is to be anywhere from 0 to +10 on your offset.

With the 8.5" wheels and the 245/50's in the rear you face a dilemma. You can get the tires to fit with about a +10 offset on the wheels but then the wheel will quite possibly hit the sock suspension. Coilovers would probably allow you to clear OK.

Do you already have the wheels? If so, I would mount them up and check clearances with them as they are now. Then you can take measurements and determine exactly what you'll need for spacers to make the wheels fit. At that point you can take additional measurements and see what tire will fit. Front is no problem as I've run 225/50-16's on 7" wide wheels with 0 offset for 17 years now. Back is the area you'll have to be very careful if you're trying to avoid any body modifications.