HybridZ

Necessary and Suggested Requirements

TateS130

Hi everybody! I got me a nice and fine l28et that wants to be megasquirted. I have been doing a lot of research lately on which version to use, what parts will be needed, and all of that juicy stuff. I have decided to go with MS-II, even though they aren't many maps to relate with. I have my 7MGTE 440cc injectors in the mail, and I'm also about to make an order for a custom 11mm O-ring fuel rail from Pallnet. This is where I hit the road block...my goals are 300hp. I know I need a new fuel pump and bigger fuel lines...does anyone else have any recommended or necessary items I need to add to this list? Also, does anyone know where I can locate these fuel pump and fuel line upgrades? I have not seen much info about them. 

Thanks! ,

Tate

Edited by TateS130

If you're talking about a s130, which is what I'm assuming. (the car in your avatar.)

Then the OEM fuel lines would be plenty sufficient for 300hp. If you're talking about a 240z, or some other carbureted early Z car, then it's a different story.

Fuel pump(s): there are lots of options.

Common ones are, but certainly not limited to....

Walbro 255

Bosche 044

If you haven't already, check out the Fuel Delivery Frequently Asked Questions section. There's a bunch of awesome information there. If it isn't covered there, it's definitely in the turbo/supercharger stickies.

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea

Anymore, it's fairly easy to copy a tune between different versions of MS. With TunerStudio, it can read just about any Megasquirt configuration file (msq) you give it. So what you'll want to do is find a car with a similar setup to yours, open their msq file in TS then open another copy of TS and start a new project for your own car. Then you can just manually copy the values from the VE and Spark table into your own project file. I think it's bad practice to just take someone's msq and use it as your own project, you should start from scratch. That way you definitely start out with the default values that MS wants for your code version and adjust from there. It also lets you learn as you go, to find out what MS is capable of and where everything is located.

Thank you guys for the help, I really appreciate it! As far as fuel regulators go...I have found two on DIYTUNEIT.com that are functional from I believe 40-75 psi. The only difference they share is that one of them has ORB-6 inlets and the other has ORB-10 inlets. Which one will fit the S130?

I'm not all that familiar with ORB fittings, sounds like they're similar to AN fittings. A -6 should have an ID of 3/8th of an inch and a -10 should be 5/8th. I used all AN-6 hoses in my 280z because they would slip onto the hard lines.

An intercooler would be extra work to install, but likely worth the effort.

On the FPR front I will say that finding ORB fittings can be a pain, which

is not a big deal once you have it all together.

And as Metro points out, you don't really want to use someone else's

tune.  One, the baseline works as a great stating point if you put the right

info into TS.  Two, you have no idea if the donor tune is any good.  Three,

a borrowed tune only makes sense if you and the donor have all major

components in common, cam, injectors, turbo, ignition components, otherwise

you have enough work to do that you might as well start from scratch.