HybridZ

I found a 1976 280Z with a completed 350 conversion for sale. The work looks excellent and the overall condition is great! He's only asking $3,000. However nothing electrical works. It runs and drives but the gauges, lights and wiper do not work. I was wondering if anyone had an idea what the problem could be? I'd like to buy it but not if I have to spend all my free time tracing down gremlins.

Thanks!

That doesn't seem like a lot of gremlins. The gauges and the tail lights are on the same circuit, so that's one. The wipers is usually just a bad motor-that's two. I think all of us have those problems with just about any Z car. If the wiring hasn't been chopped up and you like it-I'd buy it.

Is it a matter of just putting wires back together or is the body harness completely missing? If its removed you may have to rewire the basics. May be easier and better off, to run an aftermarket harness. If its all there and hooked up it could be just simple fuses. Anyway I'd play that issue as a big card when it comes down to price. Spend some time looking it over and give your best guess why they dont work. See what you can dig out of the sellers head about it. Good luck.