HybridZ

Keep the v8 or swap to 2JZ?

Well, it already has a Jeep v8 swap, so just for the sake of simplicity I have decided to keep it in the Jeep family to keep downtime to a minimum. Possibly in the future if I could get a good lead on an LS setup I would love to go that route. There are still too many unknowns about this car to really tackle a project like that. I need to figure out what it's got for a rearend, driveshaft, etc. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am currently rebuilding the 5.9L, I have been doing tons of research about the 360 and how to make it reliable and fun. I'm not looking to make crazy power, but I will be really happy with 300-350 at the wheels. I am keeping the stock rods and pistons, getting the block honed, and all new bearings and gaskets. I will be taking all the hot parts from the 5.0 and swapping them over, (cam, lifters, springs, pushrods, intake, carb, electronic ignition, and distributor). I will try to document as best I can with pictures but I can't make too many promises, as far as I know I have never heard of another AMC swapped S30.

What do you want to see pictures of? I will try to provide what I can to help you out.

Good choice keeping the V8. With simple intake, cam, carb, and heads you'll be easily pushing 3 at the wheels. 2JZ swaps are nasty, but less reliable and wayy too may electronics not to mention pricey. I'm currently rebuilding my 351W to drop in my s13. Id like to see this one when finished!

Thanks! I've been slowly adding bits a pieces to make it what I want, I just finished installing my Hurst ratchet shifter for the tranny, I still need to finish wiring up the reverse light switch and the park safety switch, but I tested it last night and it's a hell of a thing to take it to 6k. I also fixed that annoying exhaust leak (header flange was loose) and it sounds much cleaner now.

• 2 weeks later...