HybridZ

Stock voltmeter wiring

My LS alternator has 2 wires. The one large lug goes on the back and to the battery, and then I have a 4 or 5 pin plug that has only 1 wire in it. I'm going to run that to the warning light bulb in the gauge. If you're using an LED bulb in your gauge, you may have to put a resistor inline (270 ohm I think?) I needs to see some load to excite the charging circuit in the alternator. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to do this off memory. I have a diagram that's at the shop I can post a picture of when I go by there this weekend if you need it still. Some alternators have 2 small wires in that plug, and they wire differently. There's a good picture on ls1 tech of it somewhere.

I think my alternator plug has 2 wires as well as the large wire that goes to the battery as you mentioned. I have seen some wire it to the starter instead of the battery as well.

Any drawings would help, I'm not using LED bulbs, all factory bulbs is what I'm running.

Thanks,

That last link helped, I should be getting the engine wiring wrapped up by the end of the week. Not my favorite thing to work on that's for sure. The good thing is that The Mast ECM allows me to use my factory gauges with the LS sending units so no need to have the extra sending units on the engine. Less wires and less things to break.