HybridZ

Is there anyone who has mounted GM IAC on 280z intake manifold

Meguiars

Is there anyone who has mounted IAC on 280z intake manifold here?

I have a screw in GM Stepper motor that i want to use with my ms2extra setup?

I  have tryed to search alot on google but no luck, there has to be one that have done this before me. I dont want to use on /off valve but the 4 pin stepper motor to get more control and smoother idle since i have AC and some other stuff that use power.

Any ideas??

I was thinking aboute this but way to expensive if i dont know if it will work, this is just the housing that i think will be plug&play on my old AC idle up valve on the intake.

http://www.ebay.com/...4873d7f&vxp=mtr

here is the valve i i bought in a hurry.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Would there be enough room in one of those throttle body spacers? I know it would be super tight. You would have to mount the valve on the top corner, drill the hole for the plunger and then dill a hole perpendicular to THAT for the air flow. Of course, that hole would in turn have to be tapped for an NPT/barb fitting (or something) to attach an air hose to. I don't know if the side walls have enough thickness for all of that.

I use a bosch valve on my l28et.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/preludefan/IdleAirValve.gif

to control it I use a small PWM dimmer circuit. You can get these at:

http://www.dx.com/p/pwm-dc-converter-motor-speed-controller-switch-green-12v-36v-10a-226934#.U9edRrHqris

I have the little dashpot on my centre console to adjust my idle on the fly. Works very well.

post-460-0-21032000-1406639604_thumb.gif

post-460-0-41402200-1406639662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xander

Thanx, i dont think i need the adjustment-board though since im using Megasquirt ms2extra that can control IAC.

I would like to have one that i can mount directly to the intake manifold where the Vacuum mushroom sits on the top/middle.

I have a Bosch IAC on my TB spacer. Contact Pallnet , he can make you a spacer with provision for sensor. Ill be running SDS EMS

In reviewing the SDS system, it's an a simple on or off valve, not a variably adjustable IAC valve, like what is being discussed here. The GM IAC requires a specifically shaped port/seat in order to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled mine from a junk yard Taurus for $9 with connector. Simple 2 wire IAC valve. Mounted on my 83Turbo manifold. I made a special adapter plate because the holes don't line up. I can send anyone the drawing for the plate. If you have access to a milling machine it's fairly simple to make. The 2 air passage hole are milled thru the plate on 34 & 15 degrees.The mounting holes also needed drilled out to fit the 8mm studs. I have not tried it out yet but I don't see why it won't work. My engine is still on the stand.

post-40993-0-12962400-1408046372_thumb.jpg

post-40993-0-26165100-1408046387_thumb.jpg

Edited by davek

I pulled mine from a junk yard Taurus for $9 with connector. Simple 2 wire IAC valve. Mounted on my 83Turbo manifold. I made a special adapter plate because the holes don't line up. I can send anyone the drawing for the plate. If you have access to a milling machine it's fairly simple to make. The 2 air passage hole are milled thru the plate on 34 & 15 degrees.The mounting holes also needed drilled out to fit the 8mm studs. I have not tried it out yet but I don't see why it won't work. My engine is still on the stand.

Thats exatly what i was thinking aboute.

Great, if you got some drawings i would like a copy of that if possible, It can be sendt to my email. carsmart@gmail.com or stian.sand@swisslog.com

Thanx alot.