HybridZ

Front mount turbo headers

So I found these JBA shorty headers that are for trucks and is supposed to be a direct replacement on the trucks. I wonder if these would work if I removed the 3 bolt flanges and welded a v band to them. The tube size is 1-5/8in which I think is small for a 6.0l. Opinions on this?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

1 5/8" runners or the flange exit is 1 5/8''? Also look into C5 xhuast manifolds. They hug the block Very tightly and are stainless steel. Only problem is that you will need a sharp 90 degree bend towards the front as the collector meets in the middle.

post-42763-0-01513800-1408925679_thumb.jpg

Edited by thezguy

1 5/8" runners or the flange exit is 1 5/8''? Also look into C5 xhuast manifolds. They hug the block Very tightly and are stainless steel. Only problem is that you will need a sharp 90 degree bend towards the front as the collector meets in the middle.

The runners are 1-5/8". C6 exhaust manifolds look like they'd work also

• 9 months later...

Hope nobody hates me for reviviing the dead.. but I've seen a post or two on the Ebay up & forward headers and I believe i'm going to run with them.. worst case, its 160.00 gone but they seem to fit as well as the 600.00 OBX's.

I'm not sure i'll let them support the full weight of the turbo, but i'll run a support bracket over to it. I have a set of manifolds ready for v-band, but they're just ugly lol