HybridZ

Hawks Third Gen Swap Parts

I have their stuff on my car.  Very pleased with the weld quality, material quality, and service.  Bruce was a stand up guy and repeatedly told me that he would fix anything if I saw there was an issue.  Let's put it this way...... the shop installing my loot in the car liked them so much that they have ordered a set for another project.......

I have a 1/70 Series 1 car.  So yes it is a 240.  The mock up car they used is a 280z, I believe it is a 77 or 78 model.  these headers fit good with my car.  From what I was told there was a little massaging but out of all of the other options these have fit the best. 

The guys liked this option so much that the lead tech whom is building a Datsun as well has bought this set up.

Ok guys here's the deal steering clearance is not an issue. The shaft has to be removed to install the ds header. As far as rack clearance the production mounts are designed to clear a 10% od crank pulley for supercharger applications sooooo a standard pulley clears w lots of room to spare and Bruces hood shuts w the magnacharger w no issues.. These mounts were built to position the engine in the best location possible. Lets face the facts the JCI tranny mount is not the best option with mosf S30 cars having floorpan issues. In a nutshell this is just a more modern option that does not take up as much room as anything else available. Very

Cool design IMO.

Lets face the facts the JCI tranny mount is not the best option with mosf S30 cars having floorpan issues.

Cool design IMO.

I've had this same thought as well but so far I havent had any issues with mine . What does Hawks trans mount look like? or did I miss the picture?