HybridZ

Scarab #157 found and rescued!

I was not not the one running the ad. I actually work with the the guy who was the second owner from 1990 until we bought it a few weeks ago. About a month ago he mentioned that he owned an original Scarab. I knew how rare they are and at first thought it was one of the Scarab kits that had been sold or a reproduction. A few days later i stopped by his house after work to take a look at the car and sure enough, there in his driveway sat original Scarab #157!

Thanks 310z!

I just was looking at the other pics of your 240, WOW, it's amazing looking!!! You are 100% correct on not taking shortcuts with the restoration. I'm taking this adventure on with my good friend Aaron who happens to be a certified master tech for Nissan and Infiniti. He's an absolute perfectionist and told me he will only do this project the right way and not cut any corners.

Aaron is a pro tuner that owns his own performance shop with a brand new AWD mustang dyno. We live about 45 minutes south of one of the greatest road course tracks in the world, Road America! He has a lot of clients who race up there.I was actually just up there tonight for a sunset cruise with my 9 year old nephew for his birthday. I turned him into a huge race fan and he loves Road America. The sunset cruise is really cool, for $20 you get to drive 3.5 laps on the track with your own car. If any of you have ever been to Road America, you know the history and how cool the track is. It sits on 640 acres has 14 turns and 1 lap is just over 4 miles long. Lots of elevation changes!

The reason i mentioned Road America is i told Aaron i want the car ready for "the Hawk with Brian Redman" vintage car weekend for 2015 at Road America. It may happen, we shall see. I promise you all to post pics and videos as things happen.

For those who have not been to or seen Road America, here are a few on board videos of the track. The first one is a vintage Datsun 510, his first time with that car on this track, very cool!The first video is over 30 minutes long but is very clear. Watch the first couple laps it takes about 4 or 5 minutes and you get the idea of the track.The second is a a much quicker lap in a new BMW Z4 GTE with great commentary.

Once the Scarab is complete, i want to get it out on the track and stretch its legs!!!

ENJOY!

Thanks,

Quality will count with this build. Funny you mention Brian Redman. About 2 yr ago my friend who built my car Steve Pettersen and I were in the pits at Lugna Seca. We were buying ice cream bars and this guy walks up behind us and puts his hand on Steves shoulder and says "Hi Stevie, how are you doing". We turn and start talking and then I was introduced to Brian Redman. Great guy.