HybridZ

L28E Fuel Rail

Ok I have a 1977 Datsun 280z. So far bone stock. I just checked the fuel pressure today and found 80psi of pressure. Way too much. So my big question is what after market fuel rails and regulators will fit with little to no mods on the stock injectors? My current goal is to get the car running reliable first with performance mods made later. I have tried to search here and I have not found any thing that I'm looking for. If someone can post some links of what setups and systems work best with NA L28E engines.

Sounds like you have the lines reversed on the fuel rail.  This pumps in to the outlet of the FPR, leading to maximum fuel pump pressure on that line.  Bet if you checked you'd find that no fuel is flowing in the return line.  It's deadheaded at the FPR.  The typical aftermarket fuel pump will hit 80-90 psi.

There's a diagram in the FSM if you really want to be sure.  Your description sounds right though.  If it is, then you have a blockage of some kind, either before the FPR, at the FPR, or after the FPR.  The FPR is just a valve that builds up pressure to a certain point then lets fuel by when that pressure is reached.  Measure pressure on the return line.  If there's high pressure there, then you have a blockage between the tank and the gauge.  If there's no pressure, and no fuel flow, then you have a blockage between the return line and filter.  Just logic it out.

As noted though, replacing parts before understanding the problem won't get you anywhere.

Make sure that your gauge is correct also.

One last thing - where exactly are you placing the gauge?  If it's before the filter you might just have a clogged filter.