HybridZ

Motor mount options with shaved crossmember

No. Look at Hawks Third Gen's kit.

Hawks is probably the better kit of all, high quality stuff no Made in Korea stampings anywhere. Although watch what headers you use, some don't fit. Also the Dirty Dingo mounts look interesting and considering they slide forward may work with the JTR headers.

That mount setup looks pretty slick.

Make your own. 

This setup cost me like $60

IMG_20140105_174534_822_zpsmgpkjpzu.jpg

Looks easy enough, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same problem, the car I bought had the factory mounts shaved off.  I bought a used crossmember off ebay for about $70 shipped as I wanted to use the CX Racing mount kit.  Ran into clearance problems with my headers and the CXR kit, so I made my own but I utilized the crossmember since I had already swapped it.  My car originally came with a home-brew SBC crossmember, and if I had wanted to notch it for the oil pan to clear I could have used it with LS to SBC motor mount adapters, but I chose not to.

This picture shows it:

1536617_10100994662136198_1599402674_n_z

• 2 weeks later...

I had this same problem, the car I bought had the factory mounts shaved off.  I bought a used crossmember off ebay for about $70 shipped as I wanted to use the CX Racing mount kit.  Ran into clearance problems with my headers and the CXR kit, so I made my own but I utilized the crossmember since I had already swapped it.  My car originally came with a home-brew SBC crossmember, and if I had wanted to notch it for the oil pan to clear I could have used it with LS to SBC motor mount adapters, but I chose not to.

This picture shows it:

1536617_10100994662136198_1599402674_n_z

Sorry for the confusion, but I gather you did not use that homemade crossmember with your LS?  Reason I ask, is that my 5.0 crossmember setup is very similar in construction and I'm all about re-using parts.  Obviously I'll have to test it out myself, but if somebody else has used a crossmember style mount can you post pics?

BTW, made the jump and purchased a complete 5.3L out of an '02 Suburban.  The 5.0L and WC T5 should be up for sale soon (~100m on the setup).  

• 4 months later...

Here's the end result of this suggestion.

20150228 210523

20150228 210509

20150228 210448

20150228 210436

20150228 210426

20150228 210413

20150228 210431

Cheap and relatively easy.  I do wonder how the bolted in angle iron will hold up though.  Seems sturdy enough, and I had no issues with my Ford 302 setup using this kind of mount design.  TIme will tell I guess.

I in the process (buying cars,parts,and knowledge) of a 240Z LS1 swap...... I have considered making my own mount as well but since I track my cars (AutoX, HPDE) more than I street them i worry about not having the mounts "tied" with a notoriously weak frame/unibody construction..... Watching your outcomes closely. Keep us updated. Thanks and good luck with your build.