HybridZ

OS Giken twin cam 4 valve head

Guest Anonymous

Mudge, Yasin, Jeff and Cody - thanks for the responses.

Thanks for the encouragement Mudge.

Yasin, Jeff and Cody - I am scanning up some pictures of that twin-turboed TC24 to e-mail to you.

Should have them through to you within the next 12 hours or so.

I really hope Ron liberates that head and makes it live..................

Regards,

Alan T.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Alan, can you send me whatever images you're sending them? I don't think the ones you sent me included the twin turbo setup. I sure hope I can afford it, and I will most likely twin turbocharge it, too :D:D:D

hey, never meant to upset anyone, hey i was just saying that if i had a chance to run a twin cam head i definitely would, its worth another 1000rpm just by itself i could only imagine if i were to be able to rev a 2.8 liter DOHC NA or Boosted, would make for one nice L motor, im definitely interested in the photos, maybe you should post them on the board, and its too bad you guys couldnt convince OS giken to make anymore of those DOHC heads, what about blueprints, probably wouldnt budge.

slownrusty, jeffp, cody, eric-z, Len168 & RonR - you all have mail.

Hope you will all remember that this installation was from 1986 in the bad old days of Japanese street racing, when things got quite silly. Some of those cars did not last more than a few weekends of action before a complete revamp / rebuild.

Len168 - I can't imagine O.S. Giken allowing anyone else access to their blueprints. I'm sure that they would want to protect their copyright too. Certainly can't blame them for that.

Regards,

Alan T.

Alan T - Thanks very much I received the pic - awesome and considering the pic was taken back in 1986 its EXTREMELY impressive. Looks like a monster.

Thanks again.

BTW - what is the Z following like in the UK, I lived there in the late '70s to mid '80s and most people used to laugh (unforunately) at Datsun, especially when the 280ZX and 300ZX (Z31) came out. I think the UK journalists were way too critical and seemed to only want to praise their home market Capri 2.8i and also the Alfa GTV was a fav.

Seems like there are quite a few older Zs that appear for the Japanese Auto Extravaganza during the summer.

Oh well - Yasin

Hoping to make a visit to England this year.

Thanks for the picutre Alan. Rick I'll forward you the picture so you can get it up on here for all to see. Everyone can save it on thier computers from there.

As for the blueprints. I wonder if they would sell them for a reasonable fee sense it doesn't look like they'll be producing any in the near future or ever.

You're all welcome. I'm pleased that you thought the pic was worth seeing.

Bryan, I will send an e-mail direct to you. Rick, I think Cody is forwarding one to you direct - but I will send one to you anyway. Maybe if it can be put up here then it will save me firing off too many e-mails.

Yasin, there is a relatively small following for the early Z cars here in the UK. This is mainly because not all that many were originally imported, and because the few thousand that were imported had a very high rate of attrition ( a long journey on a boat in a salty atmosphere followed by wet winters with road salt ). The later stuff ( especially S130 series ) suffered even worse, and the Z31 has never really been loved that much. The Z32 is now very cheap over here and there are a real lot of Japanese-market cars that have been privately imported. Personally, I'm into the S30-series.

You are right about the UK motoring journalists, and they are STILL biased against old Japanese cars. They have to grudgingly give respect to the later high performance models, but they never seem to put them on the same level as stuff from Germany and Italy. Let me know if you come to the UK, as maybe I can give you some pointers and a look at my cars ( might interest you ).

Bryan ( Dat240zg ) what do you drive? I have something here in London that you might be interested in ( judging by your sign-on name ).

Regards,

Alan T.

Alan,

thanks a bunch for that picture, that thing is a beast. yeah it could be a bit more tidy in the engine compartment but still a monster. We should get this picture in a post I'm sure there are tons of people interested.

eric