HybridZ

Anyone used LED Headlights before?

KTMStrawn

I put these lights in my 2013 Jeep ($400). According to the documentation they use 1/2 the voltage and last 30,000 hours. They were worth the money for my Jeep and the Z is getting them when it hits the road.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_0001.htm

How was the brightness when you installed them on your jeep?

• 1 month later...

I'm about to find out for myself.  My HID kit took a dump this week and stranded me at a gas station until the sun came up enough for me to drive to work.  I used the time productively to order an LED kit off Amazon.  I'm pretty sure I'll end up having to bump out the end of the headlight nacelle to make room for the fan, but considering how many HID kits I've burned through in the past five years, I'm more than willing to do a little fabrication in exchange for some reliability. 

• 3 months later...

I have some TruckLites on the shelf waiting for my build to progress to the electrical upgrade phase of things. I can say they are a direct swap though as I put one in just for kicks and giggles after seeing this thread. I'll post a few pics up a little later of a comparison of how they look cosmetically, the right hand side still has the stock light installed.

Interesting side note, almost all new military trucks have trucklites installed, the neawer Oshkosh trucks we are getting appear to have the JWs. Both are really nice and bright at night.

IMG_20150504_120832440_zpshmpqbu6g.jpg

IMG_20150504_120901279_zpswlevo4zh.jpg

IMG_20150504_120845199_zps5yhzpmmd.jpg

IMG_20150504_120839627_zpsbbtrjq6h.jpg

Edited by 1969honda

I have a early 260z.

here are some photos that I took:

DSC_0010_zps9zflnwm5.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsaa8vnjyq.jpg

Not a fair comparison since I didn't take the picture from the exact same spot. But as you can see,  these are way brighter than stock and probably just as bright as HID's.\

low beam

DSC_0017_zps74ug6nov.jpg

high beam

DSC_0018_zps4gcpor6b.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsea4futgv.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsbntquuqy.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsb0dqgzlj.jpg

This is where I spliced into to install the relay.

DSC_0023_zpsowxpqbsm.jpg

I opted to go with this setup because it's a lot more simple than HID's. No ballasts, no addition of fuses, no need to add wires. Keeps it more Tidy. Just had to add one relay. It draws 1.8amps per headlight on low beams and 3.6amps on high beams. A lot easier on your electrical system.