HybridZ

Using an N42 intake and a 60mm 240 TB on an '83 280ZX? Need some help?

Mirage775

Hello, not sure if this should be posted here, but move it if necessary?

Anyway, I picked up a nice N42/non EGR intake over the weekend.  I'm going to be removing as much emissions junk as possible on my car and wanted to ask a few things first.  I did a test fit yesterday, with my 83' injectors/stock fuel rails and they acted like they wouldn't fit into the N42 intake?  I'm going to be ordering a basic barbed fuel rail from Pallnet soon, so that my answer my first question?   Next, would it be better to use a 240 TB and mount it to the N42 intake or just use '83 TB?  If yes on the 240 TB, what year should I look for?  I'd prefer the one without a cable throttle and no cruise control?  I've looked on ebay, with zero results...  Since we live in Alabama, we have no emission tests/inspections, and I just want to "clean up" the engine bay.  I'm sorry if that will piss some of you purists off, but all the vacuum/emission lines over the EFI look absolutely horrible!  I've done a ton of researching the last few days and just wanted a little more advice, from any of you that might've done this to your ZX?  Thanks for any help!  Jason

I can't seem to find any pictures right now, but since I am using MS, a lot of the accessories that clutter the intake are gone.  I still have the brake booster line, manifold pressure taps for the fuel pressure regulator, the MAP sensor, the BOV, and the cold start throttle bypass.  And I still have the PCV valve on the bottom and the valve cover still vents into the intake, pre-turbo.

Hmm, of course, I'm leaving the brake booster line in, lol!  If I can tap off another vacuum for the FPR, I will.  I don't recall there being a line on my MAP?  I have no BOV.  I'm getting a rail from Pallnet, that is supposed to have the cold start valve in it?  No clue how that works though, lol!?  I was planning on hooking the crackcase hose to the bottom on the intake.  And I have a little air filter plugged into the valve cover.  Hopefully, I can eliminate all the EGR/Emissions crap and it still run?

I was planning on hooking the crackcase hose to the bottom on the intake.  And I have a little air filter plugged into the valve cover.  Hopefully, I can eliminate all the EGR/Emissions crap and it still run?

If you're going to leave the valve cover breather open to atmosphere, you don't want to connect the crankcase hose to the intake.  The valve/rocker arm cover cavity is connected to the crankcase.

The Pallnet rail will just have an extra port to supply fuel to the CSV.  lol

If you're going to leave the valve cover breather open to atmosphere, you don't want to connect the crankcase hose to the intake.  The valve/rocker arm cover cavity is connected to the crankcase.

The Pallnet rail will just have an extra port to supply fuel to the CSV.  lol

Oh?  Well, I've got a nice chrome VC and don't really want a black hose running to it...  I've seen people put a bigger air cleaner thingy at the crankcase vent before?  Would that be ok?  I may drive the car, (when it's back together), maybe 4-8 times a month...

Realize that every single vaccum line, hose, and widget on the stock intake goes to SOMETHING on the stock computer.

Remove them at your own discretion...but remember where they went so when the car does not run right, you can put it back....

Thanks everyone!  I think I'm just gonna block off the EGR spot on my '83 intake (since I have a header), and try to reroute all the lines as best as I can, to make it look less cluttered?  I'm tired of dumping money into her...  I may drive it a while and sell it and get a 350z, LOL!