HybridZ

Z32 brakes on S30

There's also a second part of the equation...

When I made my Z31 BBK, the hats almost-but-not-quite fit over the hubs they were intended for, the bolt-on kind, just like the 240Z-280ZX, because they aren't exactly round.

Now in my case, the trimming required is about 2-3mm depending on the casting roughness, just take a simple hand grinder to each of the points, but this tiny extra work caused a disproportionate amount of resistance from buyers. Even though 240SX guys regularly have to grind calipers or spindles to make brake kits like the evo or srt8 calipers fit, we're talking about a market that doesn't have much respect for their cars. The Z market is a little more finicky.

Do the z32 rotors fit over the points of the front hubs? And what's your plan to solve the fact that the rotors won't have hub-centric bores?

I have the z32 brakes on back of my car and it uses built in drums for the ebrake. If that's not the case with these brackets then there will be an added expense of coming up with something for the ebrake.

So yours are 5-lug? I'd like to use my 91 300ZX brake system on my 78 but don't want to convert to 5-lug, not ready to buy new wheels. My 91 will get an upgrade kit once I figured out how to use its brakes on my 78.

For the front you have to use 86+ Z31 hubs with a spacer for the rotor. I used the regular 4x4 toyota calipers and 86+ z31 rotors. On the back i used all TTT stuff with infiniti hubs so it all just bolted on. I had to get wheels regardless so I figured I may as well go with 5 lug from the start to have more wheel choices. Along the way someone gave me G35 wheels for the price of a lunch and going to get them, so that's what I'm using.

photo1_zpsce6405ae.jpg

photo_zps4a527bcc.jpg

Those were before rebuilding/powdercoating . I now have front and rear z32's ready to be mounted. Here is a breakdown of what I have invested :

Front bracket $175

Front rotors:$125

Rear brackets:$150

Rear rotors:$110

Front z32 aluminum 30mm calipers $250

Rear aluminum z32 calipers :junkyard find for $35 for the pair

Z1 motorsports caliper rebuild kit: all 4 corners :$50 (do not buy)

Stainless braided lines with banjo fittings $125

Brake pads $100

Powdercoat $45

A good amount of time braking down , sandblasting, powdercoating , rebuilding calipers

:))And I got some sweet decals made to stick on the raised NISSAN lettering..probably wont stay on very long but they are pretty. I will throw so,e high temp paint on the letters if the decals come off. :)

imagejpg2_zpsd8c5cb1d.jpg

imagejpg3_zps6d751012.jpg

Edited by Dat260Z

photo1_zpsce6405ae.jpg

photo_zps4a527bcc.jpg

Those were before rebuilding/powdercoating . I now have front and rear z32's ready to be mounted. Here is a breakdown of what I have invested :

Front bracket $175

Front rotors:$125

Rear brackets:$150

Rear rotors:$110

Front z32 aluminum 30mm calipers $250

Rear aluminum z32 calipers :junkyard find for $35 for the pair

Z1 motorsports caliper rebuild kit: all 4 corners :$50 (do not buy)

Stainless braided lines with banjo fittings $125

Brake pads $100

Powdercoat $45

A good amount of time braking down , sandblasting, powdercoating , rebuilding calipers

:))And I got some sweet decals made to stick on the raised NISSAN lettering..probably wont stay on very long but they are pretty. I will throw so,e high temp paint on the letters if the decals come off. :)

imagejpg2_zpsd8c5cb1d.jpg

imagejpg3_zps6d751012.jpg

Can you tell me what rotors you are using and where did you get the brackets? Thanks.

Those decals should only be used to paint the letters on those calipers, as they will be gone the first time you actually use the brakes.  Paint that area of the caliper the color you want the letters.  Let it cure thoroughly then install the decal over the letters, then paint the caliper.  Once that flashes you can remove the decal and expose your painted letters.

Pads on the 300zx Vs. Toyota 4runner calipers are interchangeable, Though the 300zx has Very slightly larger pad surface area. 

Reason These brackets are not produced is because the 300zx calipers are hard to find, soon they will not be available. Stock has been low for years. Toyota 4runner calipers are readily available. Price for a 300zx caliper is almost the same as buying a brand new wilwood caliper. You might as well get your self a Wilwood caliper brake upgrade. They have Much larger pads, 12" rotors, 41MM dia. caliper pistons for $875 complete. 

Also on the front brake kit with 300zx calipers and rotors. You'll need to use a shorter rotor. The 300zx rotors won't fit in the stock mounting area since they are to tall. They will hit the stock caliper mounting ears. 

Edited by Silver Mine Motors

Edan makes a good Brake kit. I'm running his stage 4 rear kit.

Hello! What front brake are you using? The S12W toyota calipers?

I'm looking for better balanced rear brake kit and now I also found the "stage 4 vented big brake kit at silverminemotors" and are very interested if they will hold up for the bigger fronts..

Hello! What front brake are you using? The S12W toyota calipers?

I'm looking for better balanced rear brake kit and now I also found the "stage 4 vented big brake kit at silverminemotors" and are very interested if they will hold up for the bigger fronts..

I'm running the s12W