HybridZ

Revised center console

madkaw

Thanks everyone, and yes, we are willing to work with people on the first set(s) of one piece panels, as they are not a 100% bolt in solution.  You'll be responsible for mounting your own felt strip, and drilling out the door lock holes. You may have to modify (cut a couple slits, so I bends)  the OEM strip slightly, as it is fairly flat, and the new panels have a gentle curvature to the top area. 

The one piece panels are, in my opinion, more suited for a racecar. If, for some reason, they didn't fit we'd certainly be willing to work with people.

The nice thing, is that one piece panels can easily be converted to the two tone sections.

Just some random thoughts.

Also, a couple pictures of some more progress.

New console mold. No more ashtray.

IMG_20150604_112639469_zpsedqblhds.jpg

And I've been fooling around making widgets, when I can.

Fuse box cover. Rough, but an idea.

IMG_20150604_112655498_zps1gclihsi.jpg

IMG_20150604_112713985_zpskbrvxd0e.jpg

IMG_20150604_111737748_zpsrjatbe1j.jpg

IMG_20150604_111756349_HDR_zpslwifozo6.j

http://www.palmcomposites.com

A fuse cover with integrated gauge pods would be a pretty useful item for many folks, I would imagine. There really isn't much provision for adding gauges in these cars, and any switch from the stock dual gauges necessitates adding more, so it's a common problem. It'd be great to have a professional looking solution on the market.

• 2 weeks later...

Well glad to see all the progress on the console, but doesn't help us BW t5 guys with fitment. Decided to just update my console with some fab work. Found some pretty cool plastic sheet at Lowes that is supposed to be pretty tough. I cut out the partition of the console that separated the shifter hole to the access panel for the fuse box. It was already busted from the T5 shifter smacking it around. Just cut out a piece of plastic and cut and melted it into shape. Found an old box of bumper repair stuff(6 years old) and it l was still okay. Works great as a glue and filler and what some are using to repair their dashes-like I did.

Anyway, after some adjustments on console position I cut a hole for the shifter. Not sure if 'm going to run a leather boot or not. The t5 rubber doesn't look bad by itself.

I eliminated the choke slot and I painted the console with Sems texture to try and duplicate finish. I painted it but I need to do some more coats. I will shoot some more pics when done.   

post-1083-0-55292600-1434993723_thumb.jpg

post-1083-0-93020900-1434993770_thumb.jpg

post-1083-0-55466200-1434993800_thumb.jpg

Edited by madkaw

• 3 weeks later...