HybridZ

rebuilding 40mm triple webers on a L28

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have had this wonderful 72 with a L28 engine and a L24 head different cam and a few other things for a few months now, one of those things is the triple weber carbs and i want to rebuild them since they are not performing like they should.

does anyone know anything you can do to up the performance on them or do i just buy a rebuild kit and get the biggest needles i can find which i think is 2. 2thumbs.gif

by the way i did try and search but i came up with nothing :confused:

Hey, here`s is a members site with some good info. weber info

contact Pierce Manifolds and get a book called WEBER Guide To Parts And Tuning. It has lots of great info.

Theres got to be a shop or someone in your area that is good with Weber`s.

If the carbs need to be rebuilt the link above can supply you with a kit. BUY THE BOOK if you order kits for your carbs.

9 out of 10 times it`s just that the carbs need some tuning(rejetting)

Guest Anonymous

I agree with DCarrow. Jets, Venturies and Syncronizing are most often the culprit of poor performance. You need to know what size your idle, main , pump and air correction jets are and the size of the immulsion tube and venturies. Knowing those numbers plus how they are reacting will allow somone with a similer setup to give advice as to what needs to be changed. If you don't have one you will need a syncronizing tool for the final tuning. J.C. Whittney sells a great flow through model for $29.00. It's the best investment a triple weber owner can make. When they are right they sound great and kick ass.