HybridZ

Hoo boy. Ran into a winner yesterday.

capt_furious

Hey, folks.  Haven't been around much, but I had to come post this after an encounter at a parade yesterday.

I got dressed up in my AF blues(reserve KC-10 crew chief) and took a friend's '37 Olds to a local parade.  He's out of town and I'm housesitting and have permission to flog on the car.

I was in the assembly area, waiting for the parade to begin, and a guy in his ~30s in a pleather jacket sporting a barbell bridge piercing comes up to me and chats me up about he car.  We get to talking about car in general and he says he likes Japanese stuff, I mention that I've got a Miata and a 260Z.  He says he's got a '71 240.  Hey, cool, kindred spirit!

...then it gets weird.  He says it's been modded a bit.  I ask him what he's done, and I don't remember everything, but he quickly rattles off a list of mods that sound - almost - legit, but pretty extreme.  Carbon fiber this, cage that, seats whatever, blah blah coilovers, as if he'd been rehearsing it.

Then the Duesie: He says he 'stretched the frame' 4" and put in a stroked, twin turbo Ferrari V-12.

I told him I felt as if he was bullshitting me.  Nope, he says, it was a 'Scarab' before, his dad bought it and put the 350 in, the 350 was blown up, and he found the '5.3 liter V12 from a 556' from some guy in Idaho that wrecked his car.  He stroked it & bored it out to 6 liters, put in 'titanium pistons and rods and had a full port and polish job done', and had the ECU custom built along with the turbo plumbing.

The whopper was that he somehow caught Guy Fieri's attention, was challenged to a race, and met Guy at Sears Point(fine, Sonoma Raceway), who hired a 'professional driver' for his Lambo.  He says the race was 5 laps, and he lapped the pro driver in the Lambo twice.

I told him that was an amazing story and it must be one hell of a car, and the folks on HybridZ would love to see it.  Of course, he had no idea what HybridZ was.

So, yeah...look out for a stretched Z with a twin turbo Ferrari V-12 out of a '556'.  Thing must be Indycar fast. :icon53:

Edited by capt_furious