HybridZ

New Techno Toy Tuning Big Rear Brake Kit!

Just found this on their FB page.  Looks like a nice setup!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Techno-Toy-Tuning/118825541490643?fref=nf

"New product for the 240Z, 260Z and 280Z! Our Rear Big Brake Kit is now available. Using a 290MM rotor and a one piece 3D machined caliper bracket straight from the strut to the radial mount caliper.

Price is $750 for the kit without E-brake capability or $900 for the kit with full E-brake functionality.

Rotors are available in blank, slotted, crossdrilled or crossdrilled and slotted. Pads are available from street to race, comes with all mounting hardware and stainless lines. 

TTT says that you need at least 15" wheels.

post-24547-0-40932700-1416238554_thumb.jpgpost-24547-0-18331800-1416238549_thumb.jpgpost-24547-0-13050700-1416238543_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turbo6.0

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can it be ? Can we finally have rear wilwoods with an ebrake ? This should be a big deal then ......has anybody been able to do this yet ? I know arizona had a rear e brake caliper but I don't think it was very effective .

Too bad I already purchased my rear wilwoods .

I just got a reply from Gabriel.

Quote:

"It is already available.  We have them ready to ship. Only thing we are waiting on is the custom E-brake cables to finish production.

The calipers are original Wilwood calipers, with a built-in E-brake assembly.  It's not part of their regular lineup, but rather a special caliper they built for the rally guys. Calipers are as pictured, and use alight spring to keep the E-brake hardware from rattling about. It's a far superior system to their single pot E-brake from years ago. That setup was noisy and never worked for crap.  The new system is super coolant doesn't look any different than their normal 4 piston calipers." unquote

I sent him another email back asking if their E-brake cables were sized for the different lengths seen on the earlier S30's vs the late ones.  Still waiting on that answer. I'm pretty interested if I know they have the right E-brake cable for my late model '77.  I guess the question I haven't asked is if the brakes work with the stock E-brake cable.  More to come.

I've been contemplating producing calipers kinda like this, with some kind of mechanical lever system, I figured someone would have done it by now -- appears they did.

I wanted to do it a little differently though; I might still if I feel motivated...

Gabriel at TTT indicated that the E-brake cable they are making custom for these brakes is from the yoke on the center mechanism across.  It does not include any of the front-to-rear part of the assembly.  The stock e-brake cable in that area will not work with these brakes.  The first cables are designed off a 240Z so, if any of the 280Z's need a different length, he said they'd provide that also.

Edited by Phantom

Question: can you remove the pads without disturbing the caliper?

Answer: The Quick-Clips also accommodate easy pad access without caliper removal. Brake pad compounds are available for the full range of sport and competition applications.

Edited by duragg

I wonder what the specs on the caliper are, if it might bolt up to the Arizona Z car wilwood rear setup I already have... hrmm..

edit: lookin at the pics, totally different heh nevermind :) this sure is an expensive way for me to just get a parking brake :(

Edited by thedarkie

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the specs on the caliper are, if it might bolt up to the Arizona Z car wilwood rear setup I already have... hrmm..

edit: lookin at the pics, totally different heh nevermind :) this sure is an expensive way for me to just get a parking brake :(

I'm in the same boat you are ........the only way to cut the cost is to find someone who wants your arizona rear setup ...take that cash and put it towards the TTT setup ........it's a great setup just a little too late to the party for most here I'm sure .