HybridZ

82-83 l28et swap into 77 280z questions?

victorjr24

I have been doin a lot of research and I am trying to get this rats nest of wiring that the previous owner left behind. But my question is about the fuse box side of the harness on the passengers side, is there and modifications that is needed to be done to the harness (82-83) to make it all work besides the Alternator voltage relay? I have done the FI and ignition side of the harness for the most part already.

Hard to tell what you're dealing with.  There is no "alternator voltage relay", for example.  You should really only have to deal with the EFI harness and ignition system.

As far as research, somebody wrote up a decent procedure for what you're doing.  http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/38461-240z-260z-280z-turbo-swap-guide/

• 3 months later...

I am still working on my swap wiring, can anybody identify what this black boxe is and also what these wires go to. They were cut before I bought the car and idk what they are. I don't have to much left in the swap besides these wires and figuring what hoses are needed

That black box has to do with the distributor I don't know how you are doing your ignition set up. Are you using the et distributor or using coil packs. Mega squirt or factory harnesses. As far as from an OE stand point of I'm not mistaken that box connects to the ignition coil to determine the firing rate of the coil.

Most of the extra stuff you'll end up with has to do with accessories such as headlight cleaners and the like. As long as your ignition and EMS are wired correctly and the car starts and runs normally, everything else is just about guaranteed to be extra. I'm curious about that black box, though. If it is for the distributor, maybe it's a signal converter for the digital dash models?