HybridZ

Datsun Z Fiberglass a Real Review

CRAracer05

So here is my run down with Datsun Z Fiberglass. I purchased my hatch on Oct 3rd with an email from James saying he would be able to complete the hatch in about 3 weeks. I expected the hatch to arrive around the 31st as per our emails. During the last few weeks, I was given countless reasons why my hatch was going to take longer and ship next week. I was patient up until the Paypal 45 day window to file a dispute. Once the dispute was filed that's when James started posting all over his Facebook how I ripped him off because he already shipped the hatch. I merely told him to please provide a tracking number to Paypal in order to finalize the transaction and everything would ok, and I still wanted the hatch. Being a dispute, PayPal only had the funds on hold till we worked out a solution. Apparently the solution was to bad mouth me all over Facebook rather than provide an actual shipping number of the supposedly shipped hatch. Needless to say two days later after no response from James he just refunded the whole sale. I'm not sure if I caught him in the act or he just said screw you for filing a claim, but needless to say buyer beware until someone can actually show that a real part was received by this guy. I got my money back, but I would have rather had the hatch. I thought I was fair in giving him 6 weeks build time over the initial 3 weeks he quoted me. I was however not going to wait till I could no longer file a dispute through PayPal. Even if he waited the dispute out that would have given him a total of 65 days to complete and ship out the hatch.Am I really in the wrong here?

Edited by CRAracer05

I was however not going to wait till I could no longer file a dispute through PayPal. Even if he waited the dispute out that would have given him a total of 65 days to complete and ship out the hatch.Am I really in the wrong here?

Nope.

I'd say you dealt properly with a "business " transaction.

Kind of reminds me of a dealing with Les at Classic. Everyone swore he was a great guy and did great work, BUT, for me he failed miserably dealing with a business transaction. It took weeks and months for him to remedy the situation, but in my case I couldn't dispute my case and get my money back, BUT I would have if had the opportunity . In the end Les lost a customer ONLY because he wasn't doing business, nothing personal and that shit happens.

So here is my run down with Datsun Z Fiberglass. I purchased my hatch on Oct 3rd with an email from James saying he would be able to complete the hatch in about 3 weeks. I expected the hatch to arrive around the 31st as per our emails. During the last few weeks I was given countless reasons why my hatch was going to take longer or ship next week. I was patient up until the Paypal 45 day window to file a dispute. Once the dispute was filed that's when James started posting ask over his Facebook how I ripped him off because he already shipped the hatch. I merely told him to please provide a tracking number to Paypal to finalize the transaction and everything would ok and I still wanted the hatch. Being a dispute PayPal only had the funds on hold till we worked out a solution. Apparently the solution was to bad mouth me ask over Facebook rather than provide an actual shipping number of the supposedly shipped hatch. Needless to say two days later after no responses from James he just refunded the whole sale. I'm not sure if I caught him in the act or he just said screw you for filing a claim, but needless to say buyer beware until sorting can actually show that a real part was received by this guy. I got my money back, but I would have rather had the hatch. I thought I was fair in giving him 6 weeks build time over the initial 3 he quoted me. I was however not going to wait till I could no longer file a dispute through PayPal. Even if he waited the dispute out that would have given him a total of 65 days to complete and ship out the hatch.Am I really in the wrong here?

This is what he emailed me a couple of days ago.

Datsun Z Parts

Nov 15 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Stopping all orders until i find another way. heres why

this is why a note from Mildred Vodhanel
"I originally paid for this fiberglass hatch on October 3rd. I was told about 4  weeks fabrication time and I should receive my hatch towards the end of October. It is now November 13th ; in order to protect myself I must file this dispute before the Paypal set deadline of 45 days after initial purchase
Mildred Vodhanel

I shipped the hatch already and he got his money back and a free hatch
i cant have this happen again, I work 7 days a week to get everything out to everybody. 
im not Walmart you cant pick it up on the shelf i have to make it
James
Edited by JPN_Garage

Am I really in the wrong here?

Nope.

Honestly, I haven't had a good feeling about this guy since day one. More often than not, "you get what you pay for" rings true. And his prices seemed way too low.

If you receive your hatch, post up some pics and let us know what you think of it. And of course, pay the guy.

Hey I told him I still wanted the hatch and to please just give PayPal the tracking number. I have not received a hatch or a tracking number yet. He choose to refund my money this morning with out explanation. The refund was not because of PayPal. I will keep you guys updated but I do not reflect to actually receive anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Good call. I have been strung along by bad sellers until the 45 days ran out then no more responses and no product. They know the deal and they should be willing to refund and reinstate the sale to reset the 45 day period. This dude if full of shit and should be reprimanded for trying to steal from you.

• 1 month later...

All a big waste of time, talks a good game back and forth for a month with emails. When it came time to place the order he couldn't give me a production time, he wanted payment in full up front fine when I said no PayPal Im an hour away I'd like to drop payment off in person never heard a word again. Maybe he's to busy Maybe a scam I'm not sure just beware

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Z guys, i have the same bad experience with James from Datsun Z Fiberglass. On 18th September i paid him 800$ for parts and no more news from him. I made dispute in Paypal, but they cant due nothing, because of delay of my dispute. Many e-mails, phone calls - nothing. How can i proceed i dont know. I am from Bulgaria and this make more harder my problem with this order :(

Hi Z guys, i have the same bad experience with James from Datsun Z Fiberglass. On 18th September i paid him 800$ for parts and no more news from him. I made dispute in Paypal, but they cant due nothing, because of delay of my dispute. Many e-mails, phone calls - nothing. How can i proceed i dont know. I am from Bulgaria and this make more harder my problem with this order :(

There is another one in europe.

http://www.frpautomotive.com/frp_panels_page.html

front-panels-spread.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Also mods can you PLEASE not close this thread or move it to the tool shed like you did the last two. If anything this thread should be Pinned at the top. Getting rid of these threads just makes it easier for this guy to keep ripping people off.