HybridZ

Our new D Brinkworth flares are ready

JPN_Garage

At JPN Garage we are proud to bring the Datsun community new stuff all the time but this time its flares, These flares were created for JPN Garage by Mr. Bill Brinkworth

These flares were hand built and molded on the vehicle so fitment and quality is amazing.

The first 15 sets will be sold for $650 + Shipping after that price will go up to 700 + shipping

http://www.jpngarage.com/D-Brinkworth-S30-S31-Datsun-flares-D-Brinkworth-Flares.htm

Molds will be finished soon so please allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipping.

post-40351-0-76142300-1416712653_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-88462500-1416712654_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-80502700-1416712655_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-74102800-1416712656_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-81743000-1416712657_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-72223200-1416712658_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-20583300-1416712659_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-04823400-1416712660_thumb.jpeg

post-40351-0-99983600-1416712660_thumb.jpeg

Love the idea of new stuff for the Z community. Don't think you are giving yourself a chance with this lack lustre presentation of the flares. You are designing products to change the look of the Z and yet not one good "complete" picture of a Z with your flares.

How about a painted Z with the flares mounted up. Come on guys.

Love the idea of new stuff for the Z community. Don't think you are giving yourself a chance with this lack lustre presentation of the flares. You are designing products to change the look of the Z and yet not one good "complete" picture of a Z with your flares.

+1. You need to put more effort into selling your product.

Looking at the pictures that you did post, it looks like neither the front nor rear flare lip follows the shape of the wheel very well, which really just makes it look poorly made. The front flare bottom where the body line is looks wavy, too. Maybe the pictures are misleading, but from what I'm seeing, it doesn't looks like a high quality piece, at all.

I do like that it's something new though, rather than the same thing done over and over again.

All I see is the side of my car covered in dirt and road debris because the back of the wheel is not enclosed and will allow it to throw stuff all over the side of my car.  I guess for a show car it could be cool but not a daily driver.

I had the same thought.

Thanks, These pictures were sent to me directly from the designer till the official rendering comes through.

Could be good.. i always thought some more modern rb style flares would look killer on the s30.. granted the car gets a more modern style look to it. I think this rb inspired style looks best when riding low

You hit it on the dot, these flares are meant to ride low like the RB kits.

+1. You need to put more effort into selling your product.

Looking at the pictures that you did post, it looks like neither the front nor rear flare lip follows the shape of the wheel very well, which really just makes it look poorly made. The front flare bottom where the body line is looks wavy, too. Maybe the pictures are misleading, but from what I'm seeing, it doesn't looks like a high quality piece, at all.

I do like that it's something new though, rather than the same thing done over and over again.

I had the same thought.

Thanks for your input, The flares shown are a combination of foam, fiberglass and body filler witch was used to mold on the car for perfect fitment and look, after these the molds will be created and all imperfections will be fixed.

Looks like you'll be getting some air from the wheel wells and (hopefully) that helps the air under the car.  Yes, that can mean dirt also, but I never thought dirt was for show cars ^^^^.  Looking good so far!  Here's to pics of a finished product and dare I say it... proper rubber.

All I see is the side of my car covered in dirt and road debris because the back of the wheel is not enclosed and will allow it to throw stuff all over the side of my car.  I guess for a show car it could be cool but not a daily driver.

These offer hardly any less shielding than ZG flares and I don't recall anybody with those complaining about dirt and debris on the side of the car. I certainly didn't notice a significant difference when I added ZG flares and 255 tires. Most of what gets flung up is going to come from down low and mud flaps are about the only way you're going to stop that regardless of tire size or flare design.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

I'm gonna go ahead a burst the bubble here. No I haven't seen this guys "Full" design, but I've attempted to make this work myself, all the way down to clay sculpting on a model car. Our classic Z cars don't have the right aesthetics for this. Yeah the rear would work. Hell just take the Worx rear fender flares and modify them to look like a two piece fender flare and there you go. But the front is the problem with the headlight buckets, and that hard flat angel coming off the hood to the fenders. Theirs no way to make fenders like that flow with the sexy lines of the Z car without it looking like a stingray (the actual fish) the only way I found slightly possible is to make a wide front air dam to match. Febder flares a lone won't make this happen

The front fender flares would have to fallow the same plains as the hood and then drop off the side. The sharp angel going down the side of the fender kills it, don't believe me. Look at the pics while standing next to your car, and then compare it to several other cars adopting this same idea, and tell me that's going to work