HybridZ

inner tie rod question

Hello guys! I'm new to the forum. I have an urgent question. yesterday we were working with my steering rack. Everything was not the way I expected(( 

I've got such tie rod ends on my car (79 fairlady z, jdm)

but ones I odered look different. Does anyone have the same inner tie rod ends as I do? At first I decided to keep the old ones, but one of them has different screw thread. What do I miss?

What is the best way to fix it?

I appreciate you help very much, I don't have anyone in my country who can help me 

post-28618-0-21785300-1416715467_thumb.jpg

post-28618-0-28952800-1416715510_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Please state your problem clearly and provide a little context.  Otherwise no one will be able to help.

Did it start acting up spontaneously?  Did it start happening after a suspension modification or repair?  Can you provide pictures to aid in the explanation?

The current aftermarket inner tie rods (only ones available) do look different than the OE tie rods and that unlike the originals that are left & right hand thread, they only come in right hand thread.  This means you need to also change the outer tie rod to the right side one so everything matches up.  Pretty much the way it has been for a decade. 

As for the one pictured above (on the right), it doesn't look to be the correct one.  It looks like the inner tie rod for the later 300ZX and 200SX as seen here:  www.ebay.com/itm/Beck-Arnley-101-3626-Tie-Rod-End-Fits-Nissan-Datsun-300ZX-280ZX-200SX-810-/360554189785

Case in point is that the ones made by "Rare Parts" are the only ones you can still purchase and you can see the actual picture of their part on the Jegs site:  http://www.jegs.com/i/Rare+Parts/202/RP26575/10002/-1 

If you look at the picture for the same part on Amazon, it has a picture of an OE inner tie rod, which is incorrect for the Rare Parts actual part.  https://www.amazon.com/Rare-Parts-RP26575-Tie-Rod/dp/compatibility-chart/B000CK8XTS 

On a side note, I must have found the last pair of Moog inner tie rods on the planet on eBay about a month back.  I knew the part number and someone had a pair in the old Moog boxes from back in the day.  They are still both RH, so I had the change the outer T3 tie rod, but once I opened the box, they were wrapped up in the original Nissan bag with OE part number.  SCORE!! 

• 2 years later...

Assuming you're asking the question regarding an S30?  If so, what year?  IIRC, the early years used left- and right-hand threads; and later switched to right-hand thread on both sides.  I've had steering racks with both; and racks can be switched between year vehicles; so make sure you know what you have before ordering replacement parts.

8 hours ago, jhm said:

Assuming you're asking the question regarding an S30?  If so, what year?  IIRC, the early years used left- and right-hand threads; and later switched to right-hand thread on both sides.  I've had steering racks with both; and racks can be switched between year vehicles; so make sure you know what you have before ordering replacement parts.

Yes, its for s30, specifically 78 280z.  I know my car has left hand and right hand threads.  Just didnt know the thread size.  Thanks all for confirming.