HybridZ

The beginning

The project begins next week. I'm going to try to post the progress on youtube. I bought a 78 280z and going to restore it. The plan is suspension, brakes, engine, body work, paint..... you know the deal. Time to complete is unknown since I'll be doing a project this big for the first time. I picked up the engine stand and cherry picker already. The engine should be here next week so I'll start taking the car apart for now until I decide in what order is best to restore it. Any suggestions is appreciated. See you guys soon.

post-47621-0-07536900-1417805512_thumb.jpg

Congratz. An advice for 1st project, get the car running if not. Plan n record what n how needs fixing and modification. Get parts, then, break :angry:  apart. Have fun, restoring is alot of sleepless nightmares. I have been working on mine for 3yrs, Alot of hidden cancer in my 240z. 

Those engines look really good in an S30. A member had one in his z. Have you seen the pics of it ??...

Take lots of pics while building and before breaking it down, build threads are Killer.

Good luck and as was suggested earlier, try to get the engine in, wired up, and running before pbreaking it down for paint.

Tons of pics, video with narration and Ziploc bags w/ index cards and Sharpies are your friends. Put like-assembly fasteners together in their own bags w/ plenty of notes about where they go, if they were stripped-broken-missing. Also, a cheap plastic hobby cabinet will do wonders to keep track of it all.

35496-six-case-scrapbook-chest-by-iris-2

Edited by TheSaturnV

• 11 months later...