HybridZ

Knocking/ticking noise coming from engine

^Very true.

Worst case, spun your bearings and you have rod knock. Engine needs to be disassembled, parts inspected, repaired/replaced, reassembled.

Best case, simple valve train noise. These aren't new engines they have a slight tick to them.

And it can be anything in the middle....mistimed cam, bad valve adjustment, oil starvation, loose engine mount, poorly fitted fuel pump, dropped valve.

Hard to guess.

Record a video. Tell us the circumstances leading up to the development of the knock. Drain the oil and run a magnet through the oil and take a picture and show us if it picks anything up. Other then that it's a pure guessing game.

Old trick to isolate internal engine noises is to use a large screwdriver (or any piece of steel rod) and place one end against the head or block and the other end to your ear.  Basically works like a stethoscope.  By moving the end around different locations on the motor, you can usually get a pretty quick idea where the noise is originating from.  Good luck with it.

I drove myself crazy looking for the same noise.reset valve train twice,I was ready to pull the motor for bottom end work but heard of the #6 exhaust leak and shonuf it was the exhaust gasket. pulled the manifolds cleaned it up, exhaust manifold face remachined flat new gasket ---sounded as new--