HybridZ

MS1 OR MS2 upgrade which way to go HELP

philipl

I have a couple of questions im needing to know .First is i have purchased MS1with extra 029y4 firmware v2.2board v30 main processor chip back in 2010 with stim board for my build i have searched pretty extensivly in forums heres my build.                     p54 f90  stock                                                                                                                                                                                     pallnet fuel rail supra 440cc injectors                                                                                                                                                   gm hei triggered from cas dizzy                                                                                                                                                           240sx throttle body with spacer                                                                                                                                                        walbro pump                                                                                                                                                                                        3inch stainless exhaust   21/2 downpipe                                                                                                                                                                                               Is the MS1 extra 029y4 the same as MSNS,it seems like most of the members maps are in MSNS or MS2 it looks like this could be easier for someone new to all this like me to get a basic grasp of tweeking if i had a shared map to use, i was considering buying the ms2 daughter board for $129 from diy but did not know if it would be anymore simpler to program as well as being more flexable for future use.also tunnerstudio or megatune?ive been playing around a tad on tunnerstudio trying to get familar with software.any advice is greatly appreciated thanks....... :unsure:

MS1-extra is actually MSnS-extra so you should be fine. http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Software_Manual.htm

I am running MS1-extra (029y3) using a 36-1 trigger wheel with hall effect switch, triple BIP373 coil drivers with a IGN-6 coil pack (DIY-autotune). All this on a v2.2 board. I see no reason to upgrade to MS2 at this time.

Get it running first. MS2 will not make it any easier. Your money will be better spend on a wideband O2 setup.

And I totally agree with BLOZ UP on Tunerstudio. The autotune function is awesome.

MS1-extra is actually MSnS-extra so you should be fine. http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Software_Manual.htm

I am running MS1-extra (029y3) using a 36-1 trigger wheel with hall effect switch, triple BIP373 coil drivers with a IGN-6 coil pack (DIY-autotune). All this on a v2.2 board. I see no reason to upgrade to MS2 at this time.

Get it running first. MS2 will not make it any easier. Your money will be better spend on a wideband O2 setup.

And I totally agree with BLOZ UP on Tunerstudio. The autotune function is awesome.

nice its good to know they are basically the same and that the autotune feature works good as well, i am using a wideband to so ill probably be in good shape i just wast sure about ms1 extra vs msns-extra. :)