HybridZ

C6 Corvette Oil Pan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok so now I'm even more confused on which oil pan to use. Putting a 4.8 l and will be going with a 700 r4 tranny. It's going in my 75 280z. Probably JCI mounts unless anyone can suggest a better set up. Looks like there are several oil pan options? F body , GTO, corvette. What's everyone running?

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered an f-body oil pan for mine. From what I've read it should give good clearance. I went with Jci mounts myself. Price wise I really wanted to go with dirty dingo mounts but not enough info for me to be happy with. Have to say I'm glad I did! John is easy to deal with, answered emails fairly quick, and no problem answering any questions. Shipped them out Tuesday and showed up here in t-town Thursday. If only the local parts houses had that kind of service my job would be a lot easier!

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered an f-body oil pan for mine. From what I've read it should give good clearance. I went with Jci mounts myself. Price wise I really wanted to go with dirty dingo mounts but not enough info for me to be happy with. Have to say I'm glad I did! John is easy to deal with, answered emails fairly quick, and no problem answering any questions. Shipped them out Tuesday and showed up here in t-town Thursday. If only the local parts houses had that kind of service my job would be a lot easier!

The baffling and ground clearance of the F body pans are both inferior to the LS3 vette pan. If you upgrade the baffle in the F body pan with an improved racing, that pretty much cures it ($$$). It still hangs an inch lower however. 

That LS2 vette pan was supposed to be the next great thing when it first came out.  It has internal baffling that was said to be a huge improvement over the earlier LS1/Fbody stuff.  Somewhere along the line the pan got a bad rep for oil starvation in hard turns.  

Opinions vary

I've run one for 8 years now.  It came with the crate motor.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those using a LS2 out of a GTO, my notes on what parts you will need are listed down below.  I purchased them from GM Parts Direct and within a couple days, they had my package ready to be shipped:

Part Numbers -

Oil pan:12624617 276.95

Pickup tube:12624497 32.71

Windage tray:12558189 17.21        - The GTO uses this tray, so you won't need to purchase this.

Dip stick:12570788 12.64

Dip stick tube:12570787 12.59

Pickup tube o-ring:12557752 3.87  - The Pickup tube comes with a red O-ring (#12584922) and should be used instead of this.

Gasket:12612350 25.63                  - The oil pan comes with a gasket so this is not needed.

Edited by Stock Car Mafia

• 4 weeks later...