HybridZ

Front P30-0032 Bilstein Struts with TTT Camber Tops/ Plates

Hey Guys,

I wanted to get some input on this topic before I dive into the project, and try to limit the mistakes. I've commented on this thread below about adapting to TTT Camber Tops/ Plates but no one has replied. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/98897-step-by-step-coilover-conversion/

Current Status: I've purchased everything in this conversion minus some of the parts that I feel like came with the TTT camber tops. I talked with Gabe and he sent me the internal parts for MK2 struts and mentioned that they should work together no problem. I've also purchased weld perches from TTT because I wanted a clean weld perch below the coilovers. 

Questions

1.) Has anyone had experience adapting these two products together? If so share your experience.

2.) I've researched into a few threads about the correct about to section the strut tube, but don't have a 100 % feeling about cutting the strut tube 1 1/2 in. because the TTT camber plates remove ride height with adapting to them. My initial thought is to just measure the old strut top, and compare it to TTT camber tops but I figured I'd ask the crowd. 

3.) Should I put oil in the strut tube? If so which oil? 

Regarding #2; the need to section the struts is not to decrease ride height but to increase suspension travel once the car has been lowered. To do this properly you need to have your old shocks and new shocks side by side, then measure the difference - that's generally how much to section, unless for some reason you want to cut less out and make up the difference up with a spacer.

Unlike lowering via the springs, reducing ride height via thinner strut top mounts does not decrease suspension travel so shouldn't really dictate how much you section by.