HybridZ

Just starting my ls1/t56 build!

o2's are in, however the main exhaust isn't done. It's currently just headers with o2 sensors on them. Right now I have everything up until the Y tacked up. Going to finish that tonight and test my new muffler that came in today. Hopefully will have a nice sound.

I so remember the day I posted "It's alive".  Such a great feeling, only bested by the first drive.  As Keith said, the fan won't come on until it is hot.  I never fired mine up until I had a full exhaust installed, so I can't help you with the throttle response.  When you do get that first drive, you will smile so big your face will hurt.

Got the y done and attached the muffler at the y just to see and that drastically changed throttle response!!! So much better now.. And quiet while idle but damn loud under throttle!!

Getting close to a drive won't!!

You talking about the port for the brake booster?

Also finished wiring up my ez wiring kit for turn signals, headlights, and brakes. Then found out my brake switch is faulty.... Got another one on order! Need to fill up my rear tires then put dash back in then test drive?

Exhaust is almost done. Only one more piece to cut and tack in then I have to figure out what i'm going to use for hangers... Then fill up rear tires and install brake switch whenever it finally comes in... then TEST DRIVE!!!

ROFL! I would definitely agree!! I just hope I have enough gas to finish welding.. otherwise it definitely won't be until this weekend for a drive. Thursday I get in my new brake light switch so that should be solved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEXmxGeJN8w

ran out of gas and still have to weld the actual muffler on and also weld 2 other areas.. They are tacked but not fully welded. I also think I need to look into another muffler/resonator to help quiet it down. Also update album with more pictures of the exhaust.

http://imgur.com/a/R7Cdd

So researched the exhaust popping and come to find out that it could be popping due to a rich situation due to fast butterfly close and + having air introduced into the exhaust.. which would be possible due to a few areas not having full welds yet.

I'm going to get her finished friday on welding and see if that fixes the popping or reduces them somewhat.

Edited by CableSrv

I ran a 3' section of straight pipe right off each collector for a year. It wasn't that loud. Wfritts ran a 6" section of pipe right off the cast exhaust manifold right up thru the hood for a couple of years. Suprisingly quiet. Just get the outlet out from UNDER the car.

Done! As of last night got the entire exhaust welded up. She definitely sounds better but radiator fans are still not turning on and I think my check engine light is lighting up. I need to find exhaust hangers to hold up the exhaust tho.

If you have a Ford Taurus fan like my setup with chevythunder then the low speed won't come on until 200 degrees and the high speed setting is like 234 degrees! Leave your serp belt off and let it rise to 200 degrees if you already hooked up the water pump hoses and have it full of coolant.

I'm using the stock camaro fan shroud with chevy thunders harness. I would say I let it idle and rev it a few times during it to hear the exhaust, but probably no more than 15-20 minutes at a time... but from just touching the radiator/hoses it's scalding hot.. hotter than I've ever felt on most cars. Which to me, makes me think that it's possibly overheating.. 

Friday I'm going to pick up some cheap autometer gauges from oreily's and see what the real temp is saying. Hopefully you guys are right and i'm just overreacting. Just the idea of warping heads before I even get her on the street would seriously bum me out.

I'm also going to check the relays and other fan fuse that I didn't know existed. So apparently with chevy thunder there is a total of 3 fuses for fans... 1 for the 2 fan relays, and 1 30a for each fan. Both 30's are fine but the terminals look like they need to be cleaned. I have no checked the 10a fuse cause I didn't even notice it.. will check it when I get home.

As of now tho, my car is fully wired for parking, turns, brakes, and headlights. I still need to wire my horns, and hazzards.. but those can wait. So far loving the EZ wiring 12 kit that I bought... sadly a few relays/fuses are going unused... such as the fan relay, ac/heat, choke, and one other that I can't remember.

Sadly all my lights have corroded brass twist locks. Some lights I have to tap to get to turn on.. so probably this weekend I'll take all my lights out and clean up the twist lock terminals and probably buy all new bulbs.. I do wonder tho, if the flashers on the EZ kit would work with LED's ? or do I need to buy special flashers? 

If you have a buddy with an OBD-2 code reader with real-time data, you can check your engine coolant temp (EGT) by plugging into your port. Quick, easy, no cheap guages to buy. If you don't have one, you should get one. Prices are dropping like crazy for those.

Edited by RebekahsZ