HybridZ

Mfactory R200 LSD

exlifesaver

Added yall to the list. First batch is $700 out the door. No PayPal fees added and no shipping added. We will post the email address to send payments when they are ready to be sold. Thanks guys for all your support!

• 3 weeks later...

It will fit into your r200 Chris Duncan, I will add you to the list.

Great news! We have finished testing the LSD and everything turned out great just like we thought. Tomorrow we will be contacting Mfactory to see when we can ship these to everyone on the list. So far i think everyone on the list has 10mm ring gear bolts, we had a little mistake on the 12mm holes. They were drilled a little too big but we were able to get some spacers made by Mfactory to fix this. If you think you have 12mm ring gear bolts or if you plan to change to 12mm ring gear i recommend you get these spacers, we are selling them at cost $20 for the set.  True 12mm holes will be drilled in all differentials made after the first ten have been sold. Attached is a video of us doing a couple burnouts to complete the testing.

https://youtu.be/V4NnoRmLVcE

Edited by exlifesaver

We can begin shipping the LSD's starting tomorrow! I will be sending messages to everyone currently on the list with instructions on everything we will be needing from you to ship your LSD. I would like to thank everyone on here for your support, we couldn't have done it without you! Attached is a picture of the collar i was talking about above. The line is a taper to allow for easier installation, the taper is installed towards the ring gear threads.

post-47855-0-29877100-1464059296_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Someone is a Lucky Dog  to get on the first list as I had to regretfully remove myself from it for now.  :( 

I:m so Stoked you made this and I Will be a future customer if plans exist. 

3 questions:

1)  Is this a helical LSD?

2)  Do we use the same shim stack as a standard R200 to locate the ring gear/carrier combination within the case (and to establish the proper relationship to the pinion gear)?

3)  Do you have a source for shims?

Edited by RebekahsZ

3 questions:

1)  Is this a helical LSD?

2)  Do we use the same shim stack as a standard R200 to locate the ring gear/carrier combination within the case (and to establish the proper relationship to the pinion gear)?

3)  Do you have a source for shims?

1) Yes

2) Yes but in my case the existing shims are too thick so I have some thinner ones on order

3) http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/1990-nissan-240sx/rear-final-drive.html?Diagram=380_A02

you can take these part numbers and just Google them, there's a lot of places that sell them since the r200 is in a lot of vehicles.

Available side bearing Adjusting Shims   ( Carrier Bearing Shims )

2.00 ( 0.0787 )                                                38453- N3100
2.05 ( 0.0807 )                                                38453- N3101
2.10 ( 0.0827 )                                                38453- N3102
2.15 ( 0.0846 )                                                38453- N3103
2.20 ( 0.0866 )                                                38453- N3104
2.25 ( 0.0886 )                                                38453- N3105
2.30 ( 0.0906 )                                                38453- N3106
2.35 ( 0.0925 )                                                38453- N3107
2.40 ( 0.0945 )                                                38453- N3108
2.45 ( 0.0965 )                                                38453- N3109
2.50 ( 0.0984 )                                                38453- N3110
2.55 ( 0.1004 )                                                38453- N3111
2.60 ( 0.1024 )                                                38453- N3112
2.65 ( 0.1043 )                                                38453- N3113

Torque Specifications

Ring Gear           98-112 Ft/Lbs
Bearing Caps      65-72   Ft/Lbs
Rear Diff. Cover  12-17   Ft/Lbs

Backlash Factory      0.10-0.15 mm (.005" - .007")  Check several points
Ring gear runout       0.002  Inch
Edited by Chris Duncan

Got the thinner shims in and it looks like either two 2.10's or a 2.05 and a 2.15 are going to work. Sort of near the thin end of the selection but it will work.

Measuring backlash and got it to .007" with a 2.15 shim on the driver side and 2.05 on the passenger. Then started measuring the backlash at different points by turning the gears. Getting a varied measurement from .007" to .014" . What is causing this? Measure the radial runnout of the carrier, getting .007". Just a preliminary because I'm not sure where this is coming from but it's not good. Because it's not going to be able to set within specs.

It's probably the carrier. The only other possibility would be the bearing and I measured the inside bore where the stub axles run and that's almost zero, so it must be the carrier.

One question, the TeamM Factory box the carrier came in says "designed and engineered in the USA". But it doesn't say where it's made?

Edited by Chris Duncan

With the backlash being out of spec I suspect some worn pinion and ring gear teeth at different points. Did you happen to measure any of that before removing original carrier? Are you able to measure runout on the carrier itself?

The runnout I measured was on the carrier.

I called TeamMFactory in Califa and talked to a David. He said look down in the axle bore and see if the two washers are aligned. Sure enough they are not. He said un-bolt the nine 8mm allen bolts to loosen the carrier case and re-align the two washers. He also gave the choice of  shipping to them and they could do it.

I mentioned the warranty being void if the case was opened, and he said there would be a record of our conversation and the warranty would still apply because they told me I could open the carrier.

He had me send some pics and confirmed that was probably the problem.

So I loosened all the bolts, but left two of them tight to within a couple threads so the case did not come completely apart but was loose enough to move the washers. Aligned the washers by eye with a screwdriver and tightened all the allen bolts back up.

The carrier is now at .0015" runnout and the backlash variance is about .0015" also. The shims sizes also changed to 2.30 driver, 2.10 pass.

I do note that although the two washers are now aligned to each other they are a little bit off center to the axle bore, was thinking about making a jig tool to center the washers to themselves and the axle bore.

The next check is the contact pattern, a whole other can of worms if it's off and it probably is. Just waiting for the Prussian blue to come in at Napa.

I also asked David where the diff was manufactured. He said he wasn't sure exactly but it was "somewhere overseas".

Edited by Chris Duncan