HybridZ

Mfactory R200 LSD

exlifesaver

Found a socket that fit in the two washers very close and got them lined up to each other and the axle bore. Got the runnout and backlash down to .001" variance. Ended up with the same shims as the old carrier. 2.30 driver, 2.15 pass. and the tooth contact is good. So back together and back in the car, should be on track in another month. So all's well that ends well.

• 3 weeks later...

One question, the TeamM Factory box the carrier came in says "designed and engineered in the USA". But it doesn't say where it's made?

Found the answer in TeamM Factory FAQ. Taiwan is pretty good, and still better than China.

MFactory® Helical LSD™:

Availability - since 2008

Country of R&D - USA

Country of Manufacture – Taiwan (In-house)

Quality Control – ISO Regulated

Metallurgy – Housings are open-die forged from SAE4320 steel. Internals are cold-forged from SAE9310 steel

Origin of Barstock - Japan

Heat-Treatment – Double Tempered, Super Sub-Zero (Deep Cryogenic), Micro-Peened Surface Bias Ratio (Max Torque Transfer): 75%

Warranty: Lifetime, Globally Transferable

Guarantee: 30day Money Back

MSRP (LSD only): $999.95

MSRP (Reconditioned Pumpkin): from $1499.95

Looks great!

Here is a FAQ on mfactory site about diff fluid.

http://support.teammfactory.com/support/solutions/articles/8000007998-do-your-limited-slip-differentials-require-any-special-fluids-or-additives-

We used amsoil severe gear 75-90 in our diff and rb25 tranny.

From MFactory  FAQ's

Maintenance:

Oil: Regular 75w90 Synthetic Oil for Street/Spirited use. Heavier 75w140 for Race Applications. Recommended brands include Torco SGO and Redline NS. Limited-slip Friction Modifier must NOT be used, as Torsen (helical) style LSD's rely on friction in order to function.

Edited by Chris Duncan

78-280z

Yes the 78 280z MT has the longnose 3.545 gears The automatic has a R180 with 3.545 of the same year.

The initial offer of $ 700.00 for the first 10 units is over. The MSRP from the factory is $ 999.95. With Hybrid z members right now You can purchase one for $ 900.00 shipped.

The next batch of LSD's should be available in the coming weeks. MFactory will contact me. We will contact you if still interested.

Chip

• 4 weeks later...

Did a track day at the Ridge Motorsport Park with this diff installed. No more one tire spinning. Consistently faster coming out of the slow tight corners, especially the hairpin. No noise from this thing, didn't even know it was there aside from the lack of any wheel spin.

Ran the Redline 75-W-140-NS

Edited by Chris Duncan

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been asked, does this work with both short and long nose R200's? I know you said earlier that it worked with 29 spline. Apologies again, I have entered untouched ground with my Datsun build and differential/rear end work is surely one of those areas that I am weak on. I currently don't have any clue what type of direction I am going, but R200 is looking like its going to be the easiest solution for my build.

Thanks in advance.

The next batch is ready to ship, I messaged everyone back that was interested in buying one. If anyone else is interested please reply here or send me a message.

Gaiden_08 I'm almost positive it will fit in a short nose R200, but i am curious as to why you want to use a short nose over a long nose? The conversion from a long nose r180 to a r200 long nose are pretty easily obtainable.

I have given the S13/14 subframe some thought which is why I was thinking about a short nose. Also, it is very hit and miss over here on the east coast for parts at times (my experience at least). So finding the right parts is part of the thought process as well.

Edited by Gaiden_08

• 3 months later...

Per availability for this month only we can offer a special price for Hybrid Z members. We are not allowed to advertise the price below MSRP but you can PM us and we can tell you then. It will be substantially lower then MSRP. Act fast and take advantage of this great deal!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my LSD from exlifesaver. Chip was great to work with and answered all of my questions. I had the LSD just a couple of days after ordering. The process was super smooth and pain free. The LSD looks to be very high quality. It should be in and running within a couple of weeks and I'll report back how it works.

• 4 weeks later...

So the LSD went in really easy! I should have taken a picture to show the high quality machining and the mean look of the helical gears.One thing different, and maybe because I am new to LSD's, is that it would turn both sides in opposite directions but was very resistant when turning by hand.

So this thing works really well! There is no binding or odd handling when driving around in parking lots. It locks with no notice of anything but the rear end drifting a bit because both tires are spinning. Very smooth in my 75 behind a LS6 pushing 420 on the dyno, 349 to the rear wheels.

Thanks Exlifesaver! This is a great deal for a very high quality LSD.

• 1 month later...