HybridZ

436 LSX start up and break in

I sold my LS2 and went all in on a LSX 436, Billet main caps studded , Callies Magnum XL crank, Callies Magnum rods and diamond pistons. Compression is 11.4 to 1 and is safe with 93 octane. Just breaking it in and working on the tune. Should be a beast on motor or bottle. I have a wet plate system on it with just a 150 shot to begin with. It was originally supposed to be for a turbo set up. IMG_1473.MOVIMG_1474.MOV

Congrats. Nice set up, similar to mine except mine is a 416. You have it made being in Dallas, just right around the corner from Nitrous Outlet and no better tuner than LG Motorsports on LS motors. Both great companies with tons of experience. I may trailer my car to LG when completed to have them tune it if Mast Mootrsport does not have their dyno up and running by then.

300 miles with Joe Gibbs break in oil then 10-30 with additives, going  to the dyno this Saturday afternoon to get it dialed in.  It's got a EPS baby cam in it 230/242 with .600/.605 lift on a 113 LS. I am running out of box 5364 LS3 heads and intake, nothing fancy. Next year I'll put LS7 heads and intake on her and maybe more cam.

Edited by Zfan1

Motor was played out by 5600 rpm's, the cam is way too small 230/242 .605/.607 at 113, I need to get a cam that is the range of 250/260 and .610/.630 lift on a 113 or 114 ls. That said even thru a 4L80E it made 461rwhp and 490ftlb's of torque. I will swap the LS3 heads and intake for a LS7 head and intake. Should bring it in around 520 to 530 rwhp then.  We calculated a 25 percent driveline loss....ouch!

Yes sir, I agree with you that’s a little low for a 436 engine. My 416 did 621hp and 547ftlb’s of torque on the bench dyno. I’m expecting 540 to 550rwhp and there is always the 200 shot of gas in case that’s not enough which I don’t see why it would not be. My cam specs are 240/256 and .610/.634 lift with 114 lsa.

If I would not had my rings gapped for Nitrous I would have made another 15 to 20hp. I’m sure you already know but I suggest gapping your rings for the shot you are using, especially on a forged motor or you could be picking up parts from the track.

• 2 weeks later...

Purxhased a custom grind cam from Geoff Skinner at EPS  240/254  644/620 at 113 plus 4. Also dropping my heads off at Chris Frank of Frankenstein Cylinder heads for a Stage One port/cnc job, heads will flow 388 intake and 244 exhaust at 600 lift. This should fix the drop off at 5400 rpm's.