HybridZ

280z track car by Performance Motorsports Fabrication

After all that work I ran it twice and broke the crank. I think the clutch was out of balance for a long time and eventually wore it out. 

I sent it off and had a new crank nitrided, eliminated the distributor and went with individual coils, did away with the flywheel and went with a flex plate and got a Quarter Master Pro 5.5 clutch. I haven't had time to put it back together but will post up when I do 

post-16956-0-22124500-1437044181_thumb.jpg

post-16956-0-69053000-1437044229_thumb.jpg

post-16956-0-41817200-1437044253_thumb.jpg

post-16956-0-56062100-1437044281_thumb.jpg

post-16956-0-88790800-1437044330_thumb.jpg

That's the first I've seen a flex plate used with a manual transmission? What does it take to make it work? I presume a friction surface is welded or bolted on? New holes drilled for the pressure plate? No issues with the the flexibility or strength of the thin flex plate? 

That's the first I've seen a flex plate used with a manual transmission? What does it take to make it work? I presume a friction surface is welded or bolted on? New holes drilled for the pressure plate? No issues with the the flexibility or strength of the thin flex plate? 

Flex plate is just for starter.  The shiny metal bit on the flexplate is the new friction surface.  They are sandwiched together with the clutch bolted to that.

Very nice, 

I should have the Z back up and running this weekend. Running it at Roebling Road Raceway out side of Savannah. Its not my favorite track but I go to see family in Savannah so might as well get some track time in 

Edited by Rosco