HybridZ

haltech elite 2500

clear2me

Hello

I am install the new haltech 2500 on my 280zx

I am used 280zx turbo distributor with diyautotune trigger wheel and ls2 turck coil

The car not run the Rbm is ready About 130-180 when i cranking but the car not run

I check all wire and the battery is 12V

So any help why the car not run !?

Thank you

Mohammad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am install the new haltech 2500 on my 280zx

I am used 280zx turbo distributor with z31 trigger wheel and ls2 turck coil

The car not run the Rbm is ready About 130-180 when i cranking but the car not run

I check all wire and the battery is 12V

So any help why the car not run !?

What the correct trigger angle !?

Thank you

I received your PM, but in that you said you were using a Z31 wheel.  I copied it here in case anyone else had the same issue. We have a similar setup.

First, make sure ignition settings are correct.

Spark Mode: Wasted Spark (Or Direct Fire since the 2500 has 8 ignition outputs)

Spark Edge: Falling

Dwell Mode: Constant Charge

Dwell Time: I think Haltech recommends 4.5 ms for LS coils, tho mine is currently at 4.0

Then check trigger settings

Trigger Type: Nissan Optical

Trigger Edge: Falling
Home Edge: Falling
Trigger Sensor Type: Hall Effect
Home Sensor Type: Hall Effect
Trigger Pull Up: Enabled
Home Pull Up: Enabled
Home WIndow: 8
Trigger Filter: None

Home Filter: None

Im assuming you are in fact using the Z31 wheel like you said in your PM.  The DIY wheel might need different settings.

For trigger angle and tooth offset, this will vary car to car.

In the ignition menu, find ignition lock - enable the lock at some mild advance, i think i used 20*.

Use a timing light to check how much advance the motor is actually seeing.  Start with the tooth offset at 0 and trigger angle at 70*. Increase the tooth offset by 10 until the actual advance confirmed by your timing light matches what you locked the haltech timing at. When you start getting close, you can decrease the increments you're using. Then use trigger angle to fine tune.  I ended up at tooth offset of 15 and trigger angle of 56 but every car will be different.  Think of tooth offset as a coarse adjustment and trigger angle as a fine adjustment. Once you have it matched, you can uncheck the ignition lock and now your regular timing tables will be used.

Also make sure your basic settings are correct, like engine capacity, firing order (1,5,3,6,2,4), max cranking rpm, etc.  Also make sure your injectors are firing -- the fuel setup has a check box for "Enable Injectors" to make it easy to turn injectors off or on for other reasons, but could be easy to leave that box unchecked and not get any fuel ;)

Good luck!
Edited by ryan95i4

Hello Ryan

Thank you for reply

Yes first I installed diy wheel disk than i reused the z31 disk so i think the problem from diy disk

All setting i think its okay but what is the home windows 8 !? These one i dont understand;)

Can you give me your email to make sure my setting is okay !?

Thank you