HybridZ

240z rb25det Top mount turbo

jhansen13

So now that I am pretty sure I know how to use the website, I will give this one last attempt. Sorry for the spam I may have caused by trying to post a new topic from my phone. I now will only be using my computer to post lol. I just picked up my Rb25det series 2 for my 240z build. I want to upgrade the turbo and I want a top mount set up. My goal is around 350-400 whp. I want to use the garrett gt3076r turbo, but am open to other suggestions. My main issue is trying to find a decent turbo manifold to use. I DO NOT want to use an ebay manifold like the Cxracing manifold because I have heard bad reviews. (I would like good reviews if people have had experience using them however) I know that the strut tower causes some issues as well. Any suggestions for working around that? I would ideally like to spend around $1000 for a decent top mount manifold. Is going with a custom one the best route? or can anyone explain to me what setup you are using? I have tried searching, but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Thanks in advance!!

GT3076r will definitely get you to that goal but you need some supporting modifications. And if you are just worried about power and don't mind a bit of lag, the Holset HX35 might be a much cheaper option for that power. If you don't run water cooling to the turbo, more heat will be transferred into the oil, so you will need a larger oil cooler and oil pump.

For more air, you need more fuel, and the stock bottom end on RB25det is generally "safe" to 350hp, so it would probably behoove you to beef up the bottom end some. The list goes on. 

Here is a manifold that would be nice, but the price is out of your budget. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/115757-new-raw-brokerage-billet-twin-scroll-top-mount-turbo-manifolds-for-the-rb20-rb25-and-rb26/

When I was looking around for a manifold I noticed that there is a huge gap in the market, between the $500 ebay manifold and the 2k+ quality manifold. So getting one custom made might be your best choice if you know someone with the skills. 

GT3076r will definitely get you to that goal but you need some supporting modifications. And if you are just worried about power and don't mind a bit of lag, the Holset HX35 might be a much cheaper option for that power. If you don't run water cooling to the turbo, more heat will be transferred into the oil, so you will need a larger oil cooler and oil pump.

For more air, you need more fuel, and the stock bottom end on RB25det is generally "safe" to 350hp, so it would probably behoove you to beef up the bottom end some. The list goes on.

Here is a manifold that would be nice, but the price is out of your budget.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/115757-new-raw-brokerage-billet-twin-scroll-top-mount-turbo-manifolds-for-the-rb20-rb25-and-rb26/

When I was looking around for a manifold I noticed that there is a huge gap in the market, between the $500 ebay manifold and the 2k+ quality manifold. So getting one custom made might be your best choice if you know someone with the skills.

Thank you! And yeah, I will be upgrading the injectors, and the fuel pump will be upgraded when I find a 75 280z gas tank. The oil pump was already on the list, but I didn't even think about the cooler, so thank you for that! That will save some headaches down the road. I was looking at the holset turbos. I don't mind a little lag. Both offer the power I am looking for. I will just have to keep looking around and decide when I am possitive. My goal was to not have to do much to the bottom end though. While the motor is out, I will be replacing the head gasket, water pump, timing belt, etc... But I didn't want to do anything to the bottom end. I feel like 350whp (400 max) should be fine on stock internals right? And as far as the manifold goes, that raw brokerage one was the main on I was looking at, it's just so pricy :(. Are you using a top mount set up?