HybridZ

Back at it....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I misunderstood the problem, I thought you were having trouble getting the RT mount itself bolted into place. I installed mine like your 'version 1' with a factory mount on bottom. If I'm remembering right, the RT mount was designed partly to improve driveline angles for a V8 swap when used with the poly mount you had (and without any mount on bottom), but I might be making that up. It's been a while since I did this and I'm foggy on details.

that's what I read as well. I'm not sure how the lower cross member would reinstall. It's over an 1" off.

The way we mounted it works for us and wasn't overly difficult for a first-timer.

gear box installed.....

no fuel tank till friday or monday.......

decided to sell my exhaust after we dyno with it and build a light weight exhaust....

I ordered all the materials and will build my own mufflers.....

both t/c bushings are destroyed....not safe.

brake lines are still soft, but old.....

the more I look, the more I realize that it's an old car and even stored and under car cover, it needs some tlc.

not comfortable with the brakes- big brake upgrade here I come.......

post-9962-0-26010900-1426736137_thumb.jpg

here' some of the materials ordered to build a lighter exhaust system.

the mufflers should weigh 2.5lbs. each and tubing approximately 8lbs.

my current exhaust isn't heavy, 27lbs., while the normal muffler shop exhaust weigh about 42+lbs.

The new exhaust should be a net weight 13lbs. No doubt that it'll be louder, but I plan to build a chamber in the muffler to capture air before it flows out.

I want your heavy exhaust.

a customer bought it and the header from me. I'll use it for a dyno session, then install it on her car.

I can make multiples of anything with tubing. But if I were to sell one, I would use vband connectors so that it can break down into smaller sections and can be shipped.

Any thoughts about selling that G Nose front end ? It would look pretty good in Texas ..

I'm going to make it out of carbon fiber after I fabricate all of the mounts. I like the 5 piece gnose since I can mix and match parts for painted/carbon highlights.

The grill I have is an authentic 432 unobtanium part and I don't want it to get damaged. I figured using a Gnose is easier to fix and not so unobtanium for the most part.

Edited by Hoover

.........post-9962-0-60408400-1426824677_thumb.jpg

had no choice but to remove the Z off the lift. I've got to get back to work.

T/C bushings were shot and replaced today along with bump steer spacer installed for 17" wheels.

still waiting on fuel tank, tires and big brake kit. If fuel tank arrives, I can atleast get it on the dyno.

Edited by Hoover

Hey Folks,

I got a few emails regarding the exhaust systems and selling them in a group buy. I don't believe in group buys because most of them don't come to fruition.

Here's what I'll do-

I'm going to change the exhaust and add vbands so that it can be shipped easier.

Once I finish making some changes, I'll make 10 of them. They fit to the MSA exhaust header and built from a 1970 chassis.

I'll have a price in a few days and post them to the company website.

post-9962-0-76645600-1426857003_thumb.jpg

it's been so long. i'm certain that this has been sitting for 16+ years.

This has a 3316cc l28 turbo engine. I've forgotten even which ecu I used way back in my hay-day. I doubt that company is around anymore......This would require an entirely different level of restoration........not sure am I brave enough to attempt it. Sometimes you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I feel that this one may just open an entire can of worms if I even give it the thought.

The engine bay is all there, the turbo parts are in a box, dash sitting against a wall and complete interior is stripped out. Why would I even consider doing this......

thoughts? what to do? what to do? I just don't have the answer.......

There's a local guy that likes working on older cars that I met the other day, maybe I could have him do some of the work, since I don't have the time.

A friend of mine said that I should restore it with the entire IMSA body and tell it's story, but it's just not my style anymore. It's also very difficult to drive. I would more than likely remove the large flares and gnose. This morning, I'll look over this Z again and maybe blow off some of the dust to see what's left......

The large wing is sitting in a room and there's a normal hatch on it. I recall that my goals were to simplify this car many moons ago.......