Back at it....

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been a fun week.

rb25 280z made 436whp @ 17psi. It was hot in our dyno room as well.

last day of school and my son asked if I could take him to school in the Z. I was a little hesitant but succeeded. THEN, I quickly drove it home!

post-9962-0-65406200-1434059980_thumb.jpg

Hoover,

Been reading your progress/posts for a while now, and had to comment.

I know what you mean with your old Z and getting the chance to pour into your kids about this car they never knew.

I just got my 1970 Z back on the road last July after I garaged it in 1991 while life happened.

Now I'm having a ball with my 22 year old girl - she's been going to cars and coffee with me in the Z and we're looking at old cars together!

I'm loving this:)

-Steve

Hoover,

Been reading your progress/posts for a while now, and had to comment.

I know what you mean with your old Z and getting the chance to pour into your kids about this car they never knew.

I just got my 1970 Z back on the road last July after I garaged it in 1991 while life happened.

Now I'm having a ball with my 22 year old girl - she's been going to cars and coffee with me in the Z and we're looking at old cars together!

I'm loving this:)

-Steve

Right ON, Steve!!!!!!

I worked as quickly as possible so that my youngest could enjoy the car, especially for summer, which officially started yesterday.

For the first time, I drove the Z to work to tune it some more. It was running a little rich and I think I can clean up the calibration with some fine tuning.

Life is short...really short. My son has a new appreciation for older cars that make noise, smell like fuel and bumpy now. It's like a rolller coaster. The talks we have are forever and he will remember long after I'm gone.

Last Sunday, we attended the Cars and Coffee. My son was sitting in the car while I was walking around. Someone asked him, "this will be your car one day?" He replied, "yes, my dad is giving it to me and my brother." You can not buy those, you must create these memories.

As I've mentioned before, the Z car is very different for me today. It's not about speed, power, it's about memories and I get to re-live the time when I had barely a job and my prized posession was a blue Z car that I scavanged enough money to buy (they were cheaper 30 years ago than today).

Live and share a memorable life. We only have one!!!!!

AND, yes.....Go Warriors!!!!!!!

post-9962-0-24023100-1434131842_thumb.jpg

Last nite, I was invited to a private unveiling of a car from U.K. I felt really special when people asked about the Z car and shook my hand and told the story of how I got it and where it is now. The short story, I bought it from National AutoX Champion -Vic Sias. He needed the money to buy a wedding ring. Simple and sweet!

We are on the same wavelength my friend...and I'm enjoying every minute of it :)

This is a car, an addiction, a time machine and a memory maker all rolled into one!

I'll never get rid of mine. My wife and I dated in this car, we went on our honeymoon in this car, and my Dad & Mom gave me this car for graduation.

I can still remember this car sitting in the driveway after high school graduation with a big bow on it, and the 5 different shades of yellow it was, but it looked like a million bucks to me.

Way to much sentimental value...

-Steve

Steve,

THAT is so awesome! I can picture it happening!!!!

Keep it clean, it's priceless and worth every penny you put into it as an investment and memories for the future.

I have one more Z in my stable. It's a beast and once I finish off my new business model, I'll get back to building it. I just don't have enough time in a day.

Ohhhh......just a minute ago, I walked into the front counter of the shop. A gentleman was standing there and we sold him a hydraulic line for the clutch. He said it was for his 16 year old son that has a Z car. I guess we are not the only ones......

Show some pics.

it's 97 dg.f today. not the best day for tuning nor driving.

i remember i used to sweat driving the Z around back-in-the-day.

this will be an experience today. Windows down and freeway home.

we've trimmed out some rich spots and that will keep some of the carbon smells to a "minimum".

I filled 10 gallons this morning to dyno tune and hopefully have enough fuel to make it back home. It was close. Driving on the freeway in this hot weather with the windows rolled down and no a/c sure brought back memories. I was sweating and lucky I was wearing shorts and t-shirt. I could feel heat coming out of the shifter opening. It was very slight, but I could feel that this was part of the heat source. I'll check the boot for leaks. Trimming out a little fuel at 3000rpm neighborhood and idle made the engine smoother and not so much exhaust/fuel smell cruising the streets, it's much smoother. The ITB's sound great. No overheating or anything in light traffic. I know my turbo Z would get warm due to the intercooler etc....

have a great weekend all!!!! I'm home and kids are napping which means I can do some computer work for a few hours! Yes, I'm a workaholic!

• 4 weeks later...

post-9962-0-51582900-1436127444_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-55190200-1436127467_thumb.jpg

I hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July!!!!

Another Cars & Coffee in the books for my son and I.

Met another Z owner and parked next to him. There were 3 other Z's spread out as well and a silver one with RB26 engine. I didn't get to meet them since we got premo-parking and got lots of attention. I generally don't open up my hood, but I didn't care much and that drew a crowd and I was so embarrassed since I don't usually clean my car; it sits in the garage and stays relatively clean.

i'm going to look for an extra gnose hood hinges at the shop tomorrow.

Then going to repair one of the gnose kits I have.

I shouldn't be doing this at this time, my Z has been running every day since it's been working. If so, I want to have it installed by the next Cars and Coffee.....really wishful thinking.....nothing is easy.

Very nice to see the younger generation excited about early Zs like your son. Makes it all worth it. Looks great btw.

Thanks, NGOZ!!! I'm glad that the younger generation can appreciate the older cars as well.

The time with my son is priceless and this was all worth it.

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks,

I hope you all are having a great summer!

School starts for my son in 3 weeks. We've attended nearly all of the Cars & Coffee events and met a ton of people this summer.

This week, we head to Monterey Car week, but not with the Zed, unfortunately. We're packing bags and may have a passengers at the event.

Yesterday, I made the decision to install a Gnose. The front end is already getting cleaned up, then will fit it to the body then paint. I'm looking for this airdam, but if it's not available, I'll have to somehow make one.

Any ideas where I can buy this?post-9962-0-06749800-1439312881_thumb.jpgpost-9962-0-06749800-1439312881_thumb.jpg