HybridZ

Question regarding fuel pumps

I'm planning on getting the walbro GSL-392 for my 78 280z. None of the original fuel lining is there, but instead there is a rubber line that goes to a hardline. Do I have to buy a filter. And also do I have to get a fuel pressure regulator or is there one on the RB?

Thank you!

Edited by nickgarthright

To do it properly you will need two filters. Consider the diagram here : http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/power_planner_EFIsystems.pdf

There you have a 100 micron filter before the pump and a 10 micron after the pump. Be careful when you use rubber hoses. They need to be rated for use with at least 60 psi fuel. 

I ended up redoing my complete fuel system with AN fittings and PushLok hoses.

The stock RB fuel rail has a vacuum operated regulator on the end. I opted for an adjustable one from aeromotive, I am also not running the stock rail or injectors thou.

Good luck 

To do it properly you will need two filters. Consider the diagram here : http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/power_planner_EFIsystems.pdf

There you have a 100 micron filter before the pump and a 10 micron after the pump. Be careful when you use rubber hoses. They need to be rated for use with at least 60 psi fuel.

I ended up redoing my complete fuel system with AN fittings and PushLok hoses.

The stock RB fuel rail has a vacuum operated regulator on the end. I opted for an adjustable one from aeromotive, I am also not running the stock rail or injectors thou.

Good luck

Thank you so much!

No need for an aftermarket regulator unless you want to turn up the boost ( most people want to do that!!) 

Regulators are nice, but if your at the point to were you need injectors for you target power level, just buy the appropriate injector size and leave the stock regulator, saves ya some money that way. most injectors are close to the same price up until you get to around 1000cc.

But on the other hand regulators are somewhat cheap, and if you only turning up the boost a bit, getting an adjustible regulator will generally get you enough fuel.