HybridZ

Who was making headlight covers?

texis30O

I read that thread, and they seemed to fall dead in the water.

I thought I remembered reading through a thread where a guy was making them, the above thread is based on trim trim rings and the different types of covers OEM vs. aftermarket.

I need to speak to who is making them to have a set made without the holes so I can be the one to put them in because my alignment in my buckets seems to be different than what I have purchased the last 2 times. ...

I'm planning on making some this year. I have a lot of sheetmetal fabrication experience and the tools to make the trim with. My problem is time. I'm currently trying to finish a 66 Barracuda and a 66 Chevy PU for customers and after those I have a 74 C-10 that I have to paint for another shop. So hopefully this summer I'll be making a announcement as to their availability. Also planning on making a few Fairlady style grilles, and something I haven't seen anyone else offer, an aluminum hood for the S30. Just gotta find the time, but it will happen as I plan to use these items for my own restorations on the 2 240's that I own.

lol.  I will call you. The problem is the mounting point alignment is different from vendor to vendor.  Some use the original placement of the mounting tabs and others use a tab location that is different.  I will bring the car to "you" on Thursday, can you bring them with you?

I will be happy to provide the mounting locations wherever the customer wants. Should be fairly simple to provide a template and you mark the locations where your holes are. If everything goes as planned for me I plan to have 5 sets for sale by summer.

Edited by Chris_Hamilton

Is the 74 c10 SWB?  lol.... i like them a lot.  I need another vehicle like I need another....well you know....

Yeah, it's tubbed and has a pretty stout (actually very stout...lol) Sonny Leonard BBC in it. 600+ cubic inches. I'm not sure of the exact size. I do know it sounds very nasty.  Another shop built it and now the owner is gonna have me do the paint and finish bodywork on it. Gonna be quite a bit of work as he wants double layered ghost flames in shades of pearl orange. :bonk:

Edited by Chris_Hamilton