HybridZ

Purchased my first LS engine!

Well I have been running sbc (Gen 1) for a long time, but purchased a 2001 5.3 today. So I will be trying to find the best direction to go with the build. It will have twin turbos and EFI. I hope this is a okay platform to start with. The motor was running but had cold start up lifter noise, only $250.00 complete so I think it was a good deal. I will continue to run the 355sbc for now, but will be working on the 5.3.

Edited by jnjdragracing

I put a LS2 in my car with a 1.9 Maggie.  it was out of a 09 Denali, changed the accessories, and heads, it had 90k on the clock.  I am going to rock it till something goes wrong then I will have to rethink the game plan....I like my set up.  8lbs of boost I am at 624hp at the wheels with 58x tq....... I am sure you will be way above that as are a few others on here..  Talk to thezguy ( Mike) he has a TT set up. 

243 heads.  No work done on them for now.  I have a Lingenfelter cam with the Hawk's 3rd gen engine mounts.  I did that because they have a bad ass set of 304SS longtubes that go with the kit.  They mount the motor low and I can fit under my stock hood.  Check out my build thread for pictures.  I have some videos as well.  Once I get used to the car I will more than likely start to do some head work, smaller pulley

Hawk's is located in Easley, SC.  I stopped by the shop and they seemed like a good group of guys.  Very open and honest. 

Glad to hear you found a good one the first try. My first LQ4 had 4 broken pistons(valve tick), the second  had severe salt erosion on the block(.080 deep), but  the 3rd was really nice. Unfortunately I had already purchased an aftermarket block, crank, rods, and heads by that time.  

Thanks, Hans (Turbo Meister). Well now that you mentioned it I have had a nine inch and ladder bar set up for 5 years and this might be the year, I want to hang it out in the 1/4 one more time. In 2012 it went a 8.67@158 with a 5.61@ 130 in the 1/8th. And now it has been a 5.43@135 it should go a 8.38 @160+ according to my calculations. I believe the car can go a 5.30 now or high 20's, I hope to find out in a few weeks we will be doing some more testing. The LS motor will be in the future.

Edited by jnjdragracing