HybridZ

Side mirrors that don't suck

BLOZ UP

Interesting. I ordered the flush mounts from MSA. I don't like the idea of drilling into things, but I can compromise if they are as sturdy as they seem. I suppose crashing into things is worse that a couple more holes in my doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the Flush mount Mirrors (Nigel's old set to be exact) and a couple years ago switched to the ZZAP style mirror, which yours may be BLOZ UP, since they are styled the same way as the MSA ones you linked to. I have not had any issues with the mirrors being loose or moving around.

I did notice the flush mount mirrors had more viewing area, but don't mind the smaller ZZAP style mirrors, since I think they look better on the car and still have enough viewing area for my driving style. I do shoulder checks if I'm going to move over a lane anyway.

I have a set of APR GT3 style universal mirrors stashed away that I might install on my car this year, but the carbon fibre look has kept me from putting them on. I also have them stashed to use on my bike, if I ever get that project running and my licence... 

Anyone know where I might be able to find something like these? I've yet to find any sort of build thread on this guy's car, but I like the more modern look they have. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a video of the same car if that helps.

Edited by Zetsaz

• 3 weeks later...

This is a real pet peave of mine. I'm still in the process of looking for decent door mirrors, I had the MSA racing style mirrors & they were just plain crap. They were loose, cheaply made & one retaining mechanism on a plastic base failed. I next bought the Vitaloni California mirrors from MSA (currently on the car). They are also crap. Poor visibilty & I cannot get the retaining screw tight enough on the arm for them to stay put so they end up sagging at speed. Contemplating JB welding them in place. I was also looking into the Pegasus GT mirrors & ebay open wheel racing style ones (similar to one posted in this thread) but that arm/mirror style appears to be flimsy based on a screw set & ball socket joint & sometimes 2 pivot sockets a mirror. Although those high quality motorcycle mirrors thedarkie posted look interesting I think what is needed is a solid body mirror enclosure where the mirror lense itself is the only part that moves. I remember really liking the door mirrors on the 280ZX I had. I have one spare right side that I'm going to test fit next. I also heard the first gen RX7 has decent door mirrors for an S30.

Anyone know where I might be able to find something like these? I've yet to find any sort of build thread on this guy's car, but I like the more modern look they have. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a video of the same car if that helps.

Pegasus Racing sells those.