HybridZ

Looking for a shop lift? READ

grumpyvette

hey guys I'm looking too buy a lift for my shop, I'm thinking about a 4 post lift but want some ideas and feed back, before I buy any lift

first point!
be aware that theres a significant percentage of LOW PRICE,VERY LOW QUALITY, IMPORTED CRAP for sale and companys that are basically scams, so Id strongly advise dealing locally if possible, or at least with a well known national firm with a long standing reputation and asking lots of questions, getting answers in writing and contacting the local better business bureau, looking for complaints, and be damn sure to pay with a credit card so you have some recourse if the product is never shipped READ THRU THIS THREAD CAREFULLY

Id also point out that a 4 post lift is basically designed for easy on & off access and car storage, and while it will allow you to work on much of the car a TWO POST LIFT allows far easier access to the wheels and suspension, and in many cases the exhaust and drive train is a bit less easily accessed with a 4 post lift.

a properly installed 2 post lift needs 6"-8" of concrete floor thickness to firmly anchor it, a 4 post will require less floor thickness, but there are HUGE DIFFERENCES IN LIFT STRUCTURAL STRENGTH AND MATERIAL QUALITY, the LOW PRICE IS THERE FOR A REASON, and your LIFE depends on its structural strength and design, saving $700-$1500 on the price if your car falls on you will be a really stupid move if you get seriously injured or killed when it fails, due to marginal strength or bad design.

• 1 month later...