HybridZ

240Z Front Frame Rail Measurement

Jersey

I'm hoping someone could get me a measurement of the passenger side frame rail, from the radiator support to where it meets the firewall. Just the top length would be great. The more precise, the better.

Thanks in advance,

Jersey

Thanks. I'll try to get a pic up tonight after work. I was taking the measurement by laying the tape on top of the passenger side frame rail, nosed up against the firewall and stretching it right to where it's welded to the radiator support. Sort of tough to get an exact measurement since it's tight in there but, I figured something down to the 1/16th would work.

I pulled the motor/trans out the other night to inspect the area because I knew the rust was getting bad, but didn't realize just how bad. Actually, I'm very lucky I did this because the end of frame rail rusted (damn battery acid) and has separated from the rusted out firewall section. It would have been pretty ugly if that right front let loose while driving.

I realized this morning that I probably should have posted this in the "Brakes, wheels, suspension, chassis" forum but don't think I can move it now. Moderators - please move if you feel it should be over there. Sorry about that.

- Jersey

Thanks guys. I'm measuring about 40 1/8" so it may be out a bit. I think once I replace all the rusted metal, that measurement will tighten up a bit. Here's the best shot I could take for reference of how I was measuring. Thanks again.

FrameRailMeasure1

I don't think any two cars would be exactly the same. I am sure if we used a more exact method instead of the ole bendy 9f the measuring tape, we would all be different. You going to run 2.5sq tubing? I am in the same process right now. My torch went out on my plasma so waiting for that before cutting it all out.

I don't know if they're exactly the same since the rad supports are different, but on my 280z, I got 40 3/16" on the driver's side, and 40 1/4" on the pass. side, from the firewall, butted up against the rad support where it meets the frame rail. I used two rulers to measure instead of a tape measure so those numbers should be pretty accurate.