HybridZ

WTB 1979 280ZX Manual steering rack and crossmember.

nbesheer

Cool, another 610 fan. I have a 280zx manual rack & crossmember. The rack has been 'boot free' for an unknown time so you'll probably want to clean it thoroughly & freshen up.

Can ship it from Utah if you're interested.

Edited by xlr8r

Was it the pumpkin orange 4dr? If so I considered buying that one a couple years ago from a guy in SoCal, but it just had too many ripples in the sheet metal.

Anyway, here's a quick photo I took of the rack/crossmember. It's not seized, just in need of a thorough cleanup.

280zx-Rack_zpskyhk9c9x.jpg

It was a pumpkin orange coupe, paint and body looked alright but it was far from great. I sold it for a BMW... And I thought Datsuns were expensive.

Awesome I'm glad it works, Hey I'm stationed on the East coast right now so I don't have my Z to reference but the does that rack have all the steering linkage parts that are unique to the manual, so it can just bolt up to the steering shaft I have already? Also what is your price shipped to 92880

EDIT: I uploaded a photo, the left side of the image shows the steering shaft section that I'm asking about, the section on the right shows where I'm going to be connecting it to. I'm sure you already know this since you've pulled a rack yourself but I just wanted to make sure.

post-2601-0-07053500-1428849079_thumb.png

Edited by nbesheer