HybridZ

Which RB conversion kit?

evolutionise

Hi all,

Finally decided to put a RB on the 240z  :D

Being reading up a few threads and most people seem to be using the mckinney motorsports kits.

However, I came across another kit today by CXRacing and wondering if anyone has used them and comment about the quality of their product.

CX Racing Kit

- Engine Mount

- Transmission Mounts

- Aluminium Oil Pan

- Oil Pickup

All for $905 delivered.

http://www.amazon.com/CXRacing-RB25DET-Engine-Transmission-Mount/dp/B00FF3FJEO

McKinney Kit

- Engine Mount + Transmission Mounts $600

- Aluminium Oil Pan $875

Thanks in advance.

Save yourself some money on the oil pan and send the stock unit off the RB to Pat1 here on Hybrid Z. He'll modify it to a rear sump with matching pickup. Way cheaper than any of those pans and work is grade A.

I'm running the McKinney kit and like a lot of reviews I see I had to shim up the driver side mount with a spacer to get the oil pan off the crossmember. I also had to heavily modify the transmission crossmember to work with the stock speedometer cable.

I haven't seen many using the CX kit. I know in the early days they sucked. Saw numerous kits snap at the welds. But it seems they have turned their quality with their exhaust manifolds so maybe that improvement has carried over to their swap kits as well.

I wouldn't trust anything other than McKinney mounts. Everything else you can opt to cx racing, I wouldn't cheap out on the mounts. They're too important. I actually ordered my McKinney mounts, driveshaft and throttle cable last week.