HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

With them there (as opposed to further back) most driveways and speed bumps should not be an issue.  I do not have any marks on my cross member but the exhaust has a few scrapes on my other car.  I know you have had initial remorse for the CXR kit do you still?  I am still leaning that way, I guess we will know more when you get it fired up and the exhaust is on.  Nice work, Richard. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need a little help/advise.... How do I hook up water temp to the stock Datsun Gauge???? I drilled and tapped the top of the water pump for the steam vent, and there is enough room to put the Datsun sending unit there as well, but im looking for a better/proven option.  Thanks, Jim

Edited by trackzpeed

I started with it dry as a bone and drilled a tiny pilot hole.... use compressed air with lg bit to keep chips out until just before I started to break through then pulled the axle grease method on the drill and tap to keep it clean.  going super hand slow with the drill helps alot as the housing peels off versus chips and is easy to manage.  I'm confident I kept her clean....

The sending unit threading is brilliant!  that will be up next.  I have not drilled out the tunnel mounts yet since I was waiting to get my driveline in to check for angulation.  It all looks pretty good so the mounts will be done this weekend as well.  Thanks for the water temp sender suggestion.  Jim

I bought both the water temp and oil temp brass adapters.. the oil will NOT work with normal oil pressure senders as the intake manifold is in the way. However the 12x1.25 brass adaptor for the water worked perfect for my gauges. I ended up using the aluminum bracket by the oil filter and drilling and tapping that for my oil pressure sender. Doing this tho... meant I had to dent my header as it was slightly in the way.