HybridZ

TrackZpeeds CXRacing LS1 T56 240z

Congrats on getting the motor in...... Were you able to install with headers on as I suggested???? My shift pin came with the car I bought..... It seems to be a stock unit that was cut down and welded I guess to mimic a short throw..... I'm 6-1 so my arm length is just right were I need it to row the gears and it doesn't bind with stock Z boot or center consul.

Also, I looked at your photos of the motor mount position you used. Mine was basically reversed what you did, I have the second bolt from the firewall forward. I know that the ls1 has 6 bolts that can be used, but I used the 2 sets closed to the firewall like CX racing showed on their install video. Now Cx was using the last bolt hole not second, I bet that is why they tell you that you have to use a high mount alt bracket. Do you think your mounts being bolted forward will cause any issues, just curious.

Edited by enforcercars

Not sure...,. I bolted it all up where it seemed to naturally land after numerous measurements and according to the fit on the trans brace. Cxr doesn't give any instructions so I just went with my gut after years of tinkering and racing cars. I'm happy with how it works as of now. It pretty close to firewall and it all sits behind the front axle..... A few more autoX races and I will check for stress issues along the way Jim

Jim, thanks for getting back with me, I have studied your pics and mine, something is way different on my engine. I cant make mine bolt up like yours, it pulls the motor 4"s forward to the radiator. really looking at your pics vs mine, your mount is perfect on all most all 6 bolts. Man, I wonder what could be wrong with mine. I did the motor mounts just like yours

Edited by enforcercars

I forget... let me look that up. I think I ran long as well.... you can always cut down but not add to. 

Finally got my gauges out (thanks for the Hybrid suggestion of 3/4 socket on wing nuts).  New qauges are installed in pods, very clean, and will get wired and back in this week.  had to sacrafice my dash cap but a new one is on order.  pics comming soon. 

Jim,

My son put a 16 gallon fuel cell in place of his spare tire well and ran the filler neck out behind the license plate on his '73 240Z.  It's a nice installation.  If you're interested I'll see if he can give me the MFG/model number.

Hey Phantom any chance you have some pictures of the install? I would love to see how he ran that. I was planning to do mine the same way

Thanks!